Voyager

My initial response to you will be negative in that I will say "No way in Hell!" Now that that's over, they put on a damn good set, but no way is it the best PPUSA set I've seen.

That's because the best set you ever saw was Anathema, clearly. :D

That's because the best set you ever saw was Anathema, clearly. :D

It's hard man. This year, while it was my least favorite lineup I've gone to, had 5 performances that would be best performance nomination any other year in Anathema, Saxon, Armored Saint, Angra and Voyager.

I thought I was in a huge minority, but I totally agree. Wasn't a big fan before, gave them a few listens and was familiar with everything they played (so that was good!) but I could watch them every day forever. That set was incredible.

So...best set in the 14 years I've been coming to PPUSA.

Voyager was definitely my favorite set of this year's fest - and on my top 10 all-time list after 10 ProgPowers! (And there's not a lot of room on that list, as Jon Oliva and Jon Oliva's Pain take up 4 spots. :D)

Relatively new to Voyager (about a year) & they wiped the floor with us. And as noted above, what a full floor it was. They played a fantastic setlist ( realizing it was fan voted), gave a fantastic performance, & were another highlight of this years fest for me. As I noted about Riverside( setlist thread), this was my first time seeing Voyager & had no preconceived notions. They absolutely KILLED it. Their energy was outstanding as was their overall playing. I love it when i come to PPUSA & a band "converts" me & that is exactly what Voyager accomplished.

They've had a fantastic set both times. And just like the last time, they stood the entire time for their signing and each member took time to talk to everyone. That is awesome of them to do that and completely sincere on their part.

Voyager made a fan out of me. I actually listened to "I Am The ReVolution" today on the plane! I always disliked it before,but it clicked this time!

I've been to them all, and this is one of the best I agree. They killed it! The energy, the joy they display on stage while nailing it all musically, and connecting with their audience was something else. Easily the highlight of the fest for me.