Warhammer Online Beta (Anyone on this yet? Or even aware of this game?)

Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
Anyone here already in Beta for this? I think this game is going to have a lot of potential (especially at dethroning the mighty WoW). I was a WoW player since beta and am completely amazed at how big it has become. I look very much forward to the game that can bring about a partial demise (or at least a serious injury...). I think Warhammer and Age Of Conan can put a huge dent into their subscriber base.

I got my beta invite only about an hour ago and I was hoping that someone on here might be on beta as well. Lemme know and we can get hooked up in game.

Justin

uggh... I have a lifetime membership paid for with Lord of the Rings Online and have not logged any server time in over two months. I'm sure my entire Kinship has left me in the dust. :erk:

*sigh*

such is the life of a busy Rock'n'Roll Promoter, eh? :headbang:

LOL.

Hah. I was on some server or another... I forget right now. Was an RP server.. Menethor or something? The people I played with didn't like it much. I enjoyed it just fine. Had a level 22 or so Captain.

As much of an avid gamer as I am (or used to be when I had a gaming group) I just can't bring myself to pay a monthly fee to play an online game.

Anyway, if I did that, I'd never get any of my assignments done for my grad classes. And that's a bad thing. :\

As much of an avid gamer as I am (or used to be when I had a gaming group) I just can't bring myself to pay a monthly fee to play an online game.

Anyway, if I did that, I'd never get any of my assignments done for my grad classes. And that's a bad thing. :\

It's usually only $15/month. That's probably about what it would cost to go to a movie with popcorn and a soda, a CD, half of a concert. It really isn't much.

You don't have to play it every free minute of every day. I know lots of people who do that, but neither of us do. It's fun in moderation. It's not like playing an RPG, but it is fun.

We weren't accepted yet either :(. Wife and I are both drooling over the recently released ELF class pix from the Leipzig game show. Can't wait to play this one.

Actually, movies downstate are only $6 a ticket. :) So for me to go by myself, assuming I bought a soda and a popcorn, would cost me about $10-$12. That's the nice thing about not living in the Chicago area - lower cost of just about everything.

Plus, I don't go to a movie a month, mostly because I don't have the time anymore. And I don't buy one CD a month, either.

The more I read about and see pictures of the Witch Elf and The Blackguard, I just can't wait to play this. I was really impressed with the actual video and animations of the characters.

If anyone is in beta list your PC specs and how it runs for you if you can please. I built a monster rig last April which is still kicking ass, but unfortunately my wife's PC is a hand me down of what I had previously and since I don't think I'll need to upgrade my machine anytime soon, she will be stuck with the old machine. I jumped from AGP to PCI-E and she is stuck with a Geforce 6800 GTS AGP.

I'm hoping it will be sufficient for her to use with Warhammer as World of Warcraft runs fine on it, but then again that's why it has 8 million subscribers since its playable on older hardware.