Was "Unleash The Beast" supposed to be a Pain song?

It has a very Industrial feel to it plus it has a short synth part. Maybe it was a Hypocrisy song but kind of an expiriment to see what Hypocrisy would sound like if it were more like Pain. It's been one of favorite songs for some reason it's got a cool vibe to it good bass.

I only said it sounded more like Pain because it feels like an Industrial song. It sounds like nothing Hypocrisy has done. I really think it was supposed to be a Pain song but Peter decided it was too brutal to fit anywhere so he threw it on Into The Abyss.

First of all, Unleash the Beast is a killer song and high on my list.

But I agree with your speculation, it could work as a Pain song. I recall reading an interview with Peter that when he writes songs, he doesn't pre-determine whether they'll be Hypocrisy or Pain songs, rather he'll decide when they're almost finished and then add the death metal or industrial elements that make them different.

AlphaTemplar said:
Wouldn't it be cool to have an album of Pain and Hypocrisy covering eachother's songs?

I think they would sound way to similar to be any special.

A better idea is for Hypocrisy to do a Pain song as part of their live sets and vice-versa.