Well played, Geoff Tate.

what a dick with ears....too bad the material will be generic sounding modern rock like the last however many releases he has been a part of since Hear ......

A perfect illustration of his super high grade of washed-up and recycled. I'm not sure he could've done a better job summing up the reasons to ignore him.

pc749%20cool%20beans.jpg

A new trilogy based on the Mindcrime story? Maybe older Geoff Tate I'd have believed that from, but this is a man who has no interest in doing what made him famous to begin with, but has ride the coattails of it anyway to maintain what little career he has left. Just let Queensryche go Tate. If you really wanted to do that style of music, you wouldn't have been fired.

The band name is about as clever a move as Tate could make, given the situation. He'll drag it into the ground soon enough though.
I agree. He's making the best of a bad situation and I'm sure he will still be able to pull in plenty of casual fans this way.

"Hey, Operation Mindcrime is playing. I love those albums, sign me up! Whoa, why don't I know these songs, and why do they sound like watered-down U2, and OH DEAR GOD WHY IS HE WEARING A THONG?!!"