What are the worst things or the things you hate about the Kemper?

My 'worst thing' was trying to get a hold of one. I intended to be one of the early adopters and populate their available profiles with the select few 'golden' amps I know of here, recorded in a real studio facility. But they cut contact at a point and I wasn't able to get them back on the line to make this a reality, so I moved on and never used the unit.

Same. I'm in Brisbane, there's one shop that purportedly has one but is never available to audition, went to Sydney for a weekend and did a lap around town, no one had one and were vaguely aware what it was (you know, the guitar thing that looks like a hospital monitor...oh that! Yeah, nah, we don't have them).

I would like to demo one, but I'm still ok with results from amp sims. Plus, for AUD$2700, that's a lot of re-amping that can be done by someone with an actual amp.

Lack if librarian and the slight low end difference are my only complaints, but like everyone has said in practice it has never ever been an issue. On the most recent ep I did, once I got to mixing I realized I wanted double tracked versions of some lead lines so I could pan stereo; I had played most of them to begin with, so I just tracked a second version with the profile of the mic'd rig we tracked with. Amp left, Kemper right... Cannot tell one bit.

Try not to get caught up in other people's profiles too much. The ones I've made myself are by far my favorites.

Try not to get caught up in other people's profiles too much. The ones I've made myself are by far my favorites.

Yeah I figure I'll profile my Satriani JVM and try to get a good representation of my live rig together. Between that, some of the newer stock profiles, and some freebies out there, I reckon I'll have enough to get going.

Going to steer clear of The Amp Factory for a while. Seems like a huge money sink!!

My only gripe is not being able to stack amps on the same performance (single di) without the midrange clouding up and sounding strange even when the recorded tracks are completely in phase.

My only gripe is not being able to stack amps on the same performance (single di) without the midrange clouding up and sounding strange even when the recorded tracks are completely in phase.

Did you disable the variable latency and switch it over to being constant? There's a hidden setting somewhere set it up so it has constant latency so that multiple reamps don't have any phase issues.

Yep, tried that too. The midrange just goes all funky, it's fine with different performances, but if you want to layer one DI into two amp models it fucks up.

I wish they had included at least 48k on the digital side for reamping. I do quite a bit of commerical/post work and all that stuff is at 48k. Would be nice to not have to bounce a ref out, open a 44.1k session, do the reamping, and then go back to the 48k session and convert.

Apart from that I have zero complaints.

I hate that there's no kemper vst and I don't think it'll happen, at least anytime soon.

This is actually great. The beauty and feel of hardware unit instead of clicking through bunch of plugins... knobs and controls like on the real amp. Not clicking on computer screen....

I'd like to see different clocking options and spdif profiling enabled.

I think that the clean DI spdif signal is too low, but I guess maybe there's already a way to turn it up within the unit, I just didn't bother to figure it out.

I used the kemper to layer sounds/bi-amp a couple of times, works great!
Never worked worked with real amps for me

Do you mean you've used it to run a DI through multiple rigs and it worked fine? And do you mean you've never mic'd up multiple amps at profiled that without any problems?

The former I would expect to work. The later, I wouldn't care if it worked.

Lasse's saying he's never gotten one DI trough multiple amps to work but has gotten one DI through multiple profiles to work fine.

My experience is the same - I regularly later up more than one profile for tones, especially on bass.

No respect needed for me :) I think I might still have phase issues giving me some sort of comb filtering. I'm going to grab the demo of autoalign tonight and give it another go.

I´m missing a library/editor software for PC/Mac were you can sort and editor your profiles on the fly.

also i think the profile change should be performed faster, i feel there is somekind of lag, at least this would be nice to have in the performance mode, like if they could some sort of implement a preload of all existing 5 profiles in that particular performance and make the switch from one to another more instant

what else is annoying, hmm, let me think, nothing really to add here.

Well I have been playing with the Kemper this morning, and if I am honest it sounds really good. But compared to running the poweramp output from my Satch JVM into Redwirez... it isn't THAT big of a leap in quality. So I'm sending it back. It's overkill for my needs, as I don't record other bands, and I don't have problems using my JVM in the daytime. So this was really for night time... and I think I can find a cheaper and almost as good solution for that.