What are you doing/have you done today/this week?

Sick. Probably just a cold.
Hoping to see some films at the MIFF before it ends this weekend. Too many interesting ones screening. Time winnows the numbers.

all the good ones are booked out >.< i seem to recall it going for longer last year?
Nah, don't think so. Two weeks all the time I believe.
I rocked up to one last night and it was booked out, *and* there was a long standby queue, so my Plan B (which I really didn't expect to be required) was kicked into place and I wandered 5min down the road and saw a backup movie.
Should be down there again on Saturday for a second one.

Being severely disappointed with the Melbourne Winter I took 4 days off work and headed somewhere more grim and frostbitten. Packed up my equipment on Sunday afternoon and headed to Falls Creek with some friends to get some snowboarding done (Falls Creek on a non-school holiday weekday is pure bliss, less people = more fun to be had). I managed to bust up my jaw when I faceplanted on a patch of ice :mad: on the first day but the pain was dulled with plenty of booze :kickass:. Nevertheless it was some much needed fun.

I got back a few hours ago and I'm racked with pain, but it was worth it. Nothing beats coming back down off the mountain and kicking back with good company, good beer and good music.

Nah, don't think so. Two weeks all the time I believe.
I rocked up to one last night and it was booked out, *and* there was a long standby queue, so my Plan B (which I really didn't expect to be required) was kicked into place and I wandered 5min down the road and saw a backup movie.
Should be down there again on Saturday for a second one.

what did you try to see?
i ended up downloading some that i wanted to catch that were sold out...In The Loop was hilarious, and Flame & Citron was a pretty good WW2 action/spy flick in the vein of Black Book. my friend has a pretty elite home theater system so we held our own damn film festival :lol: i hung onto the program to try pick up a few more that i missed!

what did you try to see?
i ended up downloading some that i wanted to catch that were sold out...In The Loop was hilarious, and Flame & Citron was a pretty good WW2 action/spy flick in the vein of Black Book. my friend has a pretty elite home theater system so we held our own damn film festival :lol: i hung onto the program to try pick up a few more that i missed!
Nice!

By the time I put together some choices it was late in the festival and there were limited films and screenings left.
Thursday had four possibilities: two were very late and were ruled out (one was about some disturbing event with children - Home Movie?). One was a 2+ hr Sth Korean movie about a loan collecting thug on the streets (allegedly) full of brutal violence which is what I ended up seeing (Breathless). That was the fall-back from the French movie A L'Aventure, a saucy French film.
Saturday was down to three choices and I was likely seeing it with two others: Antichrist, where a marriage disintegrates badly out in the wilderness; Thirst, an asian vampire film, and The Chaser, a 2+ hr Sth Korean movie about a killer out on the streets full of brutal violence. Since one of the others going had seen Thirst and thought it abysmal, and both thought Antichrist too hardcore, that left the Sth Korean movie, which is why I was aiming for something different on the Thursday. As it was, they both pulled out late, so I decided to see Antichrist, and despite getting there 45 min early it was all sold out.
Bah.

I did go and see Trade during the week, a (fictional) film about the sex slave trade around mexico/US. Was looking like there were just going to be two of us in the cinema, but then four others rocked up. Pity, because it was really good.
Was in the mood for world cinema after (missing most of) MIFF.

MUFF starts up this weekend for one week - hopefully I'll catch a few at that.

i ended up downloading The Chaser too, was pretty good, apparently there's a hollywood remake in the works...shame about Thirst cause i had high hopes after Oldboy >.< hanging out for Antichrist too.

one i saw that apparently won palm d'or at cannes was The White Ribbon, this noir whodunnit set in the years prior to ww1...was like watching an amish version of the usual suspects in black and white, with the movie not telling you who keyser soze was at the end. very confusing, but nicely shot.

Got two of those gripmaster thingies in the mail today, the medium and heavy tension ones, had a good workout with the medium one and found the heavy one to be too tough to really take seriously just yet. Also got a music theory book dedicated exclusively to guitarists that I look forward to thumbing through over the next few days
(www.prohands.net if you have no clue what I'm talking about)

Also I got my Cormorant package, very pleasantly surprised and found the album to be a contender for album of the year! Been doing everything I can to NOT overplay it!

Found out I only have two more days left of work thanks to the summer/pool season ending...

Finally I'm getting a new external hard drive in a few days since I'm in desperate need of having something.

Already did, Vreddypoos. (Bahahaha.)

Let's see. I spent 11 hours hiking through the forest on the weekend. Saturday night (technically Sunday morning, as it was 1am) I found a random bathtub in said forest. Decided to get clean. It was amazing. And frightening. Can't wait to go back and do it again.

I'm so fucking metal >.<