What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

My pumpkin puke swirl is all painted and cleared. :D

11.JPG

A Blackstar HT100 for some reason..., although it sorta looks ugly, its rather low priced, but i got the feeling it will sound great. Also got a weakness for the Jet City JCA100HDM, dont ask me why, maybe the look fits with my computercase.
Generally ive been a peavey user for the last 10 years. Own my triple XXX for that long, still like it, although it sucks at the rehearsalroom (live it slays), so am using my Bugera 6260 more there since i got it a year ago. Although it works perfectly fine, sounds pretty good, but still sorta feel like getting a real 6505... while i am sorta afraid it would be a waste of money, might sound sorta the same like my bugera, but better. But might also sound like shit, like the 6506+ our other guitarplayer has.

A black LP custom has been a dream guitar for me since my early teens.
Would love to get my hands on one of these Classic Custom's

5318046_800.jpg

Baked maple fretboard sounds a bit weird on a LP IMO but they seem to get great reviews
and if you get hold of a dark one (plenty of variation apparently) and apply some oil you probably won't notice the difference.
Half the price of a "regular" custom!

:loco:

A black LP custom has been a dream guitar for me since my early teens.
Would love to get my hands on one of these Classic Custom's

5318046_800.jpg

Baked maple fretboard sounds a bit weird on a LP IMO but they seem to get great reviews
and if you get hold of a dark one (plenty of variation apparently) and apply some oil you probably won't notice the difference.
Half the price of a "regular" custom!

:loco:

I've tested one, plays and feels like a gibson les paul studio. Didn't liked it at all. A friend of mine bought then a gibson lou pallo
e32fc8bd-4189-48c9-b820-455e528a34b3.jpg

That was a damn fine guitar :)

korbiar,
good info, I will definately take it for a test run before I buy it.
It's still a lot of money (in my world) so it has to feel great.

The lou pallo is nice but way out of my league pricewise ;)

Ive been gasing for a Carvin DC700 7 String. My first 7 string, and I promised myself I wouldn't dip into my savings so Im trying to fund it by selling gear I don't need or use. (It's a good way to clear out some junk!) I'm very up in the air about the specs though. I know for sure I want a birdseye maple board, jumbo frets, body binding so the finish has to go well with a maple board.

Right now Im between, spalted maple top with black burst, or just a quilt top with an undecided color.
Here's what the spalted maple with black burst looks like on a different model (but id have non-rounded body edges so its more RG like, and body binding :)

Im not really into natural wood finishes but the blackburst almost makes it look translucent black!
flamed%20spalted%20maple%20top.JPG

Or as far as quilts go Im thinking orange, green or blue. A color I dont already have.
I like this but idk how well it would go with maple board:
dc700m-qdo.jpg

Ive been gasing for a Carvin DC700 7 String. My first 7 string, and I promised myself I wouldn't dip into my savings so Im trying to fund it by selling gear I don't need or use. (It's a good way to clear out some junk!) I'm very up in the air about the specs though. I know for sure I want a birdseye maple board, jumbo frets, body binding so the finish has to go well with a maple board.

Right now Im between, spalted maple top with black burst, or just a quilt top with an undecided color.
Here's what the spalted maple with black burst looks like on a different model (but id have non-rounded body edges so its more RG like, and body binding :)

Im not really into natural wood finishes but the blackburst almost makes it look translucent black!

Or as far as quilts go Im thinking orange, green or blue. A color I dont already have.
I like this but idk how well it would go with maple board:

Most of their guitars look great with a maple board. I think that orange tiger eye one would look amazing with a flame or birds eye maple board.

I know this isn't a 7 string, but here's what that deep tripple step orange/black tiger eye would look like with a maple board:

1709_CarvinOrangeBurstCT_1.jpg

Throw that on a DC700, 727 or 747 and that'd look fantastic.

I personally have one on the way with similar specs to Neil Zaza's two CT624m models:

j8CsuKrMW7yNaTkGl.jpg

6736_254714_10150287361716460_8285401459_7767591_6273096_n_1.jpg

:D

...brb, i have to change my underpants....

Yea im digging that deep orange bust or the moss green. I think im going to end up going with a normal quilt top with a color instead of the spalted maple idea because although the spalted maple/burst looks amazing on that one I'm worried about the following:

1. Spalted maple either looks amazing or butt ugly, no in between. A cut with too much spalt could ruin it for me. There's too much variation in cuts.
2.They could do the black burst too thin and it will look too much natural wood color.
3. They could do the black burst too thick and then it would hide the $400+ spalted top lol

So while it gives me a boner I still have to weigh the chance that it may come out not to my liking

I think Quilt it is! Orange or green!

..But just in case here's another example of the spalted maple with black bust :worship:

022.jpg

...brb, i have to change my underpants....

Yea im digging that deep orange bust or the moss green. I think im going to end up going with a normal quilt top with a color instead of the spalted maple idea because although the spalted maple/burst looks amazing on that one I'm worried about the following:

1. Spalted maple either looks amazing or butt ugly, no in between. A cut with too much spalt could ruin it for me. There's too much variation in cuts.
2.They could do the black burst too thin and it will look too much natural wood color.
3. They could do the black burst too thick and then it would hide the $400+ spalted top lol

So while it gives me a boner I still have to weigh the chance that it may come out not to my liking

I think Quilt it is! Orange or green!

..But just in case here's another example of the spalted maple with black bust :worship:

022.jpg

The great thing about Carvin is you can send it back and get your money back within 10 days if it didn't turn out the way you had hoped--you just have to pay the return shipping. You could always do an "Option 50" non-standard option... it voids your 10 day return, BUT you could send them a picture or two of the spalted maple you like, and they will charge (I think) $100 to have one of their luthiers to go hand-pick the piece of wood that best matches your picture from what they have in stock. If you're not worried about the 10 day return option, then this would at least guarantee you end up with the top you want. You can also specify if you want a wide or a thin black burst edge. Best bet is to provide a picture and hope they can match it to what you want EXACTLY.

Also, I honestly don't think splated tops look good with color. The natural w/ wide black burst (the pic you provided above) is about the only way I like that top. So if you decide to do a color, I would DEFINITELY do a quilt.

Either way, I'm sure whatever you choose, it will come out looking fantastic. Carvins are works of art. :headbang: