Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other...

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Braighs

twelve strings of darknes
Oct 15, 2005
on a violin sad
...or what music were you exposed to before you started making your own choices?

if I left out your genre, select other and post. Thanx

my dad listened to and still listens to jazz, some country, classic rock, blues, folk, funk, and classical. during this past year and a half I've gotten him into metal though :) he really likes Opeth and Nevermore

My dad loves music. He likes jazz, blues, classical, classic rock, jazz fusion, flamenco, oldies stuff and so much more. I've gotten him into some metal. He likes Death, In Flames, Cynic, and some other shit.

Dad listens to Rock from the 60's, 70's, got him into Pearl Jam and Opeth (my two favorite bands), and he enjoys them. Which is kinda cool.
Mom listens to some latin songwriters which i do like, but he thinks opeth is the devil and when i sing along to them she thinks i've been already possesed. Which is kinda cool.

phagist_ said:
parents don't listen to music

Mine are the same.. it was funny how by 15 I knew 60-70's rock much better that my parents do. Until recently my mum couldn't tell the difference between Deep Purple and Depeche Mode. Recently, though, she has been to Vai gig... and left half way through the whole thing, because... it was too loud :OMG:

When I was 5 (pretty long time ago lol), my dad used to play Sabbath, Zepplin, Floyd and AC/DC to me. When I got a bit older, he played Jethro Tull to me, "Thick as a brick" and "Aqualung" the most. Now the old man is a bit of a dag, but I can't knock him for his music tastes or his beer drinking abilities, thanks dad for passing them on.

Classic rock mainly, Beatles, The Tubes, and zepplin, but zepplin was as heavy as it got for them...so no sabbath or ACDC

My dad listens to everything under the sun, hence my open-mindedness to music. I've gone to many concerts with him, metal and non-metal, and he likes a bunch of my metal bands, including Opeth. My birth mom, who was not around, also listens to everything under the sun and I used to go to some concerts with her (metal and non-metal) about 10 years ago. My ex-stepmom listens to mostly punjabi (India-Indian) music, although she likes all the different modern versions of the music as well. And she likes pop and dance music as well.