What do you guys expect from the next PQ record?

I've been giving this a bit more thought and I've decided that I would personally like to hear a straight up, no nonsense power/melodic metal album. I love proggy stuff and I don't mind AOR/Hard rock either but there are plenty of other bands around who do that sort of stuff. It seems true power metal is becoming quite rare these days as many of the old favourites are moving away from the sound we all know and and love.

Just my 2p worth!

Gotta admit I love both directions, so I know I won't be disappointed in the end.

Though I am wondering if Strikeforce will make a live appearance in the future... How awesome would that be :eek:

The number of times I've been asked about this.......:)

Unfortunately no......a section of that actually got reworked into one of the songs off the last album so I'm afraid "The Tragedy Suite" is lost forever

The Tragedy Suite will never be lost to me :lol: I say set up a project on 'Pledge Music' and if enough money is donated make an EP which has that and the other 'lost' tracks from the MOI sessions on it. I'd donate a fair chunk of the required funds for sure :headbang:

I had a sneaking suspicion with a title like 'The Tragedy Suite' that the song would be a full blown prog epic about 12mins long - sort of a smaller scale 'Metropolis Pt2' before Dream Theater made the decision to turn the song into an album.

As far as expectations for a new album... I've been listening to Blood Alliance again recently, and it's just the perfect PQ album for me - catchy chorus', epic guitar breaks, epic synth sections, pounding drums and killer production. I'd love to hear that perfect blend again on the next album, but at the same time I understand that artists don't want to make the same album again, so I would say add in a few more sections/tracks like 'Crunching the Numbers' but don't go Unia on us (as much as i now appreciate that album I still think it was too much too soon and is disjointed). Maybe experiment a bit with the key sounds but again not too drastic and not in every song, I think it would be a great emphasis on solos.
Bottom line for me is anthemic chorus lines, and you have those in abundance, so I know my expectations will be met there.

With Colin i'd say there's also a chance to throw in some old school sounds but it has to be the right balance between old and new. As I say, Blood Alliance was solid as a rock, so the next one has to be just as solid (what's one up from a rock? a boulder?)