What gigs have you seen lately?

It is pretty well the last version of Entombed mate. They were on great form then, so added a couple of letters to the name and just kept on headbangin' if you haven't listened to the albums, you sir, are missing out

The stage show was fine but the music didn't suit it. It needed a more intimate setting, I think, but I've just always associated stadium concerts with rock so I don't know.

Last 3 were Opeth at the Opera House, Springsteen at Hunter Valley, and Alter Bridge at the Enmore.

All 3 were fantastic. Can't beat Springsteen for the vibe and atmosphere of 20,000 people singing every word to every song. It rained and hailed before his set and then cleared up. Made for an awesome party. The E-Street band are so good to watch. So tight and well bonded. Jet were the support. Very good too.

Opeth was amazing at a brilliant venue.
Alter bridge were great, but way, way too loud. Seriously my ears were throbbing and hurting. They are great. Sound guy was not.

Went to see Holy Holy on Saturday night. Really good live.

Bought my ticket for Paul McCartney the other day and this morning bought my ticket to see Glenn Hughes do Deep Purple stuff. It's on the night of the NRL grand final but luckily I'm not into it much anymore so I don't mind missing my first GF since 1998 to see one of my favourite singers for the first time. Every time he's toured Australia he's skipped Brisbane and it's always been on a year where I've planned a trip overseas so I couldn't afford to fly down to Sydney to see him. On his last solo tour he did plan to come to Brisbane but cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

He was here a few weeks back for the Music of Cream tour but I don't like Cream so I didn't bother going. Happy with my front row ticket for this gig, then. Went with the $250 VIP meet & greet package. I've never done a meet & greet - I tend to not do them because I know I'll say something stupid that I'll obsess over for the rest of my life, but this time I'll just smile and nod and not engage him in conversation.

I went to see Alice Cooper a couple of weeks ago. His shows are always great. He's 69 now, so who knows how long he'll continue for. As long as he stays healthy I guess. It'd be amazing to see someone like him still doing it at 80.

I also went to a night of metal at a bar in Canberra, mainly to see The Levitation Hex, which is fronted by Adam from Alchemist. Segression also played - while they do their thing well, it reminded me of why I never got into them when they were prominent.

Went to see Holy Holy on Saturday night. Really good live.

Bought my ticket for Paul McCartney the other day and this morning bought my ticket to see Glenn Hughes do Deep Purple stuff. It's on the night of the NRL grand final but luckily I'm not into it much anymore so I don't mind missing my first GF since 1998 to see one of my favourite singers for the first time.

I've never done a meet & greet - I tend to not do them because I know I'll say something stupid that I'll obsess over for the rest of my life, but this time I'll just smile and nod and not engage him in conversation.

How was Glenn Hughes? It wasn't the worst grand final to miss anyway as it turned out.

Haha I know what you mean re speaking to these people. Usually I just ask for an autograph/photo in that situation. Perhaps the alternative is to pre-plan a decent question, which I've never really done.

Glenn Hughes was great. Front row centre, got a bunch of great photos, had my photo taken with the great man himself. He called me 'buddy' and shook my hand.

I went to Blood Duster's final gig the other day. I hadn't seen them for yonks, and regret that now, as they were great.

Glenn Hughes was great. Front row centre, got a bunch of great photos, had my photo taken with the great man himself. He called me 'buddy' and shook my hand.

That's fantastic. Sounds like a great experience all round. I've never done anything like that.

A couple of nights ago I went to see Psycroptic and Cattle Decapitation. My trusty spreadsheet informed me that I hadn't seen the former since 2003. CD were absolutely brutal, as I thought they might be. Well worthwhile.

Went to Roger Waters the other week. Loved it, so as soon as I got home bought a ticket for the following night. Probably the best gig I’ve been to, but a lot of that comes down to the production as a whole.

What was the production like? I heard about his previous Wall tour in which he performed behind a wall which was disassembled during the course of the show and was apparently very impressive.

I saw the Cavalera brother on their Beneath the Remains/Arise tour a couple of weeks ago. Cool show. It was nice to go to a thrash show. My brother saw the Roots one and didn't enjoy it at all, but this was fun.

I'll respond to myself! Last week I saw Witchery, The Haunted and At the Gates in Canberra and again in Melbourne. Killer shows, both of them.

You should try to get yourself out there sometime! It's more of a novelty when you don't go very often.

Just set an alarm on my phone to remind me to buy tickets to see Tool and Killing Joke in Boston on November 14th. My brother and boyfriend and I will be going. For my boyfriend, it will be his first EVER concert. This will be my second time seeing Tool. The previous time was on their 10,000 Days album tour over a decade ago.
Cheers,

Last edited: