What guitar strings do you like to use?

Which guitar strings do you like to use?

• D'Addario

Votes: 42 46.2%
  • Ernie Ball

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Dunlop

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • GHS Strings

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • DR Strings

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • RotoSound

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Elixir

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters
D'Addario EXL 116 (11-52) and EXL 117 (11-56) with wound G's. Tired of having to buy the wound singles though.

For bass I like the DR Lo Riders. Two days in alcohol and they're back to new. Might try the ProSteels next.

I think it may be the anti-rust coating that takes away some brightness from the strings. IMO they are a bit duller when new, compared to regular strings that is.

Oh yes, a couple of years ago I used to like them for their long life, but now I hate them for their dullness and feel. Especially with bass guitar strings. They just suck, IMO.

All personal preference really, but for my own playing, I like:

Electric for clean and heavy: IQS Nickel Plated
Jazz/archtop: Thomastik Infeld Swing
Acoustic: D'addario Silk and Steel, although I wish they did them in a heavier gauge.

Has anyone ever tried stainless steel strings for electric guitar btw? I've bought a set to give a go so might do a comparison when I get the chance.

Last longer than regular strings, easily.
Same deal with Ernie Ball Cobalts. Found that they last 3-4 times longer than regular strings, which justifies the higher price.
Never had a problem with string breakage on these.
If you have several guitars around that you use to practice on and don't want to change strings too often, both are good options.

I feel they don't sound as good under high gain, so not the best option for tracking guitars, but for just general practicing/screwing around on guitar at home, the extra corrosion resistance is nice.