What Opeth song gives you chills?

FloyD ThraSh3r said:
Deliverance ... that single song produces so much imagery it's outlandish and quite scary sometimes.:headbang:

I completley agree. Whenever I listen to Deliverance I have the visual story playing in my head and the lyrics are so simple yet in my opinion some of Mikael's best ones.

"Tell me how your hearts in need, as I drown you in the sea"- greatest opeth lyric IMHO

"It always burns within, the downward spiral never ends, when driven into sin, your salvations found in a sinner's deed"

"From love to death, in a time span of seconds"

The baying of the hounds.... It's one of their greatest tracks imo. But there is a special part of the song that really gets me.

It's the instrumental section... 5'20-6'30 ~ :worship:

Almost symphonic - fantastic chords and leads - and the last part even adds choral voices (mellotron) Listen with headphones!

White Cluster made me shiver. Because exactly what was going on in the story was playing out in my head with the utmost vividity. Is vividity a word? "Your memory's nothing but the scars on me" is also eerie, from Deliverance.

Blackwater Park, every time, especially after the soft spot in the middle, then it builds up, the riffs come, and Mikael's first growl comes slowly through. Goosebumps every time I hear it.
"Lepers coiled 'neath the treeeeeees.....dying men in bewildered soliloquys!!!"
Dammit. I'm putting it on right now.

moonlapse virtigo, right as the acoustic part begins.

oh and for different reasons the in the "forest of october" they played that song in a bar in Mainz, (one by the Rhine) anyway the cool vocal part at the end "forest of october weeps silent when I depart..." I was screaming along fucking hammered, and I threw up on a few guys and got kicked out lol

The crackly acoustic passage in A Fair Judgement at the 4-minute mark, and the bluesy guitar solo at 5, and when the guitars come in at 6.....o fuck it!!

A Fair Judgement!! :worship: