what was the funniest thing you heard all weekend?

:cool:

When we were packing to leave Sunday, the other MrLonely and myself looked at each other and I said to him, "I really like NOT shaving!!". To which he replied, "SHAVING IS FOR PUSSIES!!".

We both agreed he was right. ;)

Chris :headbang:

HAAAHAA!! That's my new signature!

When I introduced my brother to Lars:

"Roger, this is Lars. Lars, this is Cancerboy."
"Cancerboy! You made it!"

I've got the ultimate story of my lead guitarist Kevin:

Kevin was lost during the Stratovarius show. When I realised we hadn't seen him in an hour and a half, I went to go find him. Missed them playing Hunting High and Low, damnit! I look everywhere, not to be found. Went to my car, not there. Just as I'm heading back, Kevin stumbles down the ramp of the parking structure, DRUNK, shirtless, shirt filled with dried puke, and his whole chest is covered with sharpie marker stars, and signed by "Laura". He tries to get into my still-locked truck, and I dropped the tailgate to let him sit down and try to sober him up and get an explanation as to why he looks like a bathroom stall's wall! He immediately flops down, and starts snoring. OUT. sawing logs. A half hour later, Jeremy and Roger come to the car.

"Where's Kevin?"
"See those shoes? That's Kevin."

We try to wake him up. Not working. Slapping him. Shaking him violently. We decide to lift him up and put him in the back seat. He immediately jumps up, and says, "You guys are killing me." and makes a bee-line for the back seat, jumps in, sits perfectly still, and tries to not be drunk as hell. The whole drive home, was filled with "You guys are killing me." "You guys are killing me, dawg."

We get to the hotel room, trying to put a shirt on him so we don't get kicked out, "You guys are killing me." He crashes on the bed, and giggles foolishly. I try to get him to drink some gatorade so he's not hung over like a bastard in the morning, so I try to sit him up, and I get yet another "You guys are killing me." I tell him again to drink some gatorade, then somehow, miraculously, he remembers that Jeremy brought some multivitamins, and some vitamin B to help kill any hangovers. And he's laying on the bed, and says, "How 'boutchu hook me up with some of that vitamin B?" We're just cracking up uncontrollably at this point! And we say okay, sit up so you can swallow it. "You guys are killing me!" You doucher, you just ASKED us for it! And we're killing you??? Unstoppable laughter at this point.

Then he gets up to go puke again, and sees his chest, and flips his lid! "WHOAH! What happened to ME?" We were trying to figure that out ourselves!!

So whoever "Laura" is, thank you for the best laughs and the funniest 12-hour drive home ever. "You want fries with that?"--"How 'bout some of that vitamin B!" "Wanna stop at this rest area?"--"You guys are killing me."

Bryan316 said:
Missed them playing Hunting High and Low, damnit! I look everywhere, not to be found.

HA! What a coincidence - hunting high and low for your friend while Strato is playing Hunting High and Low!

You know, I have a missing drunk friend during Strato story too! Adam's friend Jay showed up just before Therion. I talked with him for about 10 minutes before I wet nuts during the set. Next thing I know, after Therion, Adam says "Jay called and told me that he's passed out in his truck. He said if he doesn't come back for Strato that I need to get him after the show so he doesn't sleep in his truck." About 20 minutes into Strato, our pal Al goes to get Jay so he can see the band he came for. My feet hurt so bad I could hardly stand, so I left the group to go sit down for a bit. As I'm sitting there, boots off and feet throbing, Adam goes TEARING up the stairs with his cellphone in hand and a look of panic. I got my boots back on and hobbled out to the lobby to see what the problem was. Turns out that it wasn't about Jay that made Adam fly out of the arena, but Al couldn't even find Jay's truck. After the entire show was over and everyone was kicked out we still hadn't seen Jay. Adam takes off to look for him and is gone for several minutes. Al had already disappeared for the night. Adam comes back saying that he found Jay's truck but not Jay inside. He looked in all the dark corners and alleys in the immediate area incase Jay was passed out somewhere... but still not Jay. No answer on his cellphone either.. Long story short, we spend the night worrying that he's either in jail, got mugged and dropped somewhere, or worse! Then at 4:30 am Adam gets a call from Jay saying that he's home alright and we shouldn't worry. :Smug: That made for an interesting night...

Well the funniest thing that happend was after day 1, we were so into the music that we missed our exit for our hotel, and we didn't get back home until 4 a.m. just to get back up at 8 for free continental breakfast because we were trying to conserve money just for prog power..

*points and laughs at you in the dunce hat*

That's okay.. *pulls out another dunce hat and puts it on* ..I missed the song I was looking forward to hearing the most this entire weekend, Orphaned Land's "Ocean Land" :erk:

Oh believe me, Shaye had some damn funny things to say. And she does put up with shit well, like my drunk ass at the preparty.

MetalRose - you're one helluva good friend! I love ya too!

3 things I can remember, and all have meanings behind them. I'm sure more than a few peeps will know what I refer to...

#1. Spiderman...Spiderman (Thanks for that Smiley)

#2. Diiiiiiing Doooonnnggg

#3. What dat said???

#4. Captured not said...... A certain incriminating picture....:loco:

at one of the parties there was a guy wearing a jean jacket over a Bruce Dickenson shrit. Now comes Dialogue..

Friend "Hey!! Jean jacket guy!!"
Friend "Hey!! Jean jacket guy!!"
Jean Jacket guy (walk over and says) "Yes?"
Friend "Hey!! Welcome to the 80's!!! hahahah"
Friend "haha sorry sorry I'm drunk. What's your name?"
Jean jacket guy "Bradford"
Friend "Bradford??"
Bradford "Yes, Bradford"
Friend "Can I call you Brad?"
Bradford "No my name is Bradford?"
Friend "oh well good thing I'm drunk or I would call you gay!!!! hahahah"
Exit Bradford....

zekeyou said:
Didn't hear, but heard about:

My buddy, wearing a "Free The West Memphis 3" shirt was approached and asked,
"Cool shirt dude, what do they sound like?"

Haha, I don't know either of you, but I heard/saw him bitching about that!

- R

Couple of classics from our group...

(Stumbles into room, staggers to bed, falls on bed, promptly falls off bed, onto floor, finds change, counts). "Hmm.. 71 cents. Is that enough for a pizza?" - (Me, after Wednesday night at Coyote Ugly, drunk out of my mind, soaking wet from headbanging with the bartender while the other bartenders sprayed us with water)

"Oh, I'm totally going to get up for breakfast tomorrow!" (Me, every night, from Wednesday to Sunday, talking about the free breakfast at the Hampton. Finally succeeded in doing it on Monday morning).

"I don't want my dead body not covered with cum" - Paul, after concocting a truly bizarre and disturbing scenario involving sex and death.

And then there's the stuff that's too inappropriate to post here...

*edit: Oh, and the new nickname given to Shaye by the dude walking in behind us on Saturday night!

- R

MetalRose said:
"Can you imagine me wet in THESE?"

"Already have, many times baby, many times...''

Hahahaha. Only a few will know what I'm talking about. All I have to say is Shaye girl. I fucking LOVE YOU!

-Metal

Metal, they related that story to us when we saw them coming off the water ride. We were cracking up. He "made" me feel his ass to testify to the wet leather =D

Shaye - sorry I'm so wet
Shannon - Are you just that happy to see me?
Shaye - Urban, can we take her home?

MetalRose said:
Maybe someone can fill me in on this: but what is the issue with someone wearing these shirts and body armor? Did I miss something?

-Metal

Probably a Hammerfall fan!

Hey man... people wanna express themselves, fine. As long as they're not embarassingly goofy or vulgar, I'd say it's cool.

I'll just say this.... I'd make sure I wore a MANOWAR shirt under my armor, if I wore it!