What will it taketo get this place going again?!!

I don't know; I left after the implosion of the reunion. It's a shame because this was really one of the nicer, more friendly forums there was - but yes, once the band stopped posting and (maybe more importantly) stopped producing anything new, it became a bit dispiriting.

I really really wish they would release something; whether that be a demo download or a an e.p. (remember them ?), it would spark debate again - because the board is very american-centric (this isn't a criticism), but many of the non-music threads are fairly incomprehensible from a cultural point of view for a Brit like me. The Anthrax threads, by contrast, we can all understand!

I - because the board is very american-centric (this isn't a criticism), but many of the non-music threads are fairly incomprehensible from a cultural point of view for a Brit like me. The Anthrax threads, by contrast, we can all understand!

You know, you could always start a thread about anything. I know there are quite a few non American posters here who you could probably ralate to on something.:)

I am from India and i've been listening to these guys since 1991 when POT came out.i've always admired this band a lot because unlike megadeth, metallica, slayer,etc becasue not only have they been putting out decent records in the last 10 years but they've had the guts to do their thing. They never ever over-produce their records and they've never been as big media whores like Lars or Mustaine.

I loved the John Bush era and i think they were at their musical best during that period. The reunion with Joey was a backwards step which really disappointed me but im glad they havent persisted with Joey .I look forward to the new record with Dan Nelson.

For me to come back as anything more then a lurker it would take the return of either John, Joey or both. But to be fair I will give Dan a shot when the new record is released... He might be good, hell, he might even be great but when John was in the band it seamed like a family and thats one thing that is missing at this moment.

I really enjoyed the Joey-Dan reunion because it gave me an opportunity to watch an updated Joey-Dan era video!! I must have watched Nicefukinvideo
a thousand times!!!:headbang: John is back with Armored Saint which I am happy with. Will we be able to move on? We may never know!!:loco:
Anthrax has offered a lot....To the Joey era Fans and to the Bush era Fans!!!!:headbang: It will be a treat to see what is next!:headbang:

I loved the John Bush era and i think they were at their musical best during that period. The reunion with Joey was a backwards step which really disappointed me but im glad they havent persisted with Joey .I look forward to the new record with Dan Nelson.

Yeah, I'd agree with that too.

I'm not going to knock Joey here, cos I know many folks grew up with that era of Anthrax and fell in love with the band back then, but I came to Anthrax very recently and it's the Bush era stuff that appeals to me. HOWEVER I also look forward to the Dan Nelson record. Sure it'll be different but..."different" doesn't always have to equal "bad", does it?

Hell, if they tour the UK who knows I may even catch my first Anthrax live show. :headbang:

Its more like when DVDs came out. Everyone thought VHS was great until they were introduced to DVDs.

Same is the case with Anthrax. Everyone was happy with Joey till John came in. It was only then that people realized that there was more to Anthrax than just "I'm the Man" . Who would have thought in 1987 that Anthrax could make songs like Only, Packaged Rebellion, Bare, Inside Out, Safe Home,etc.

I think I speak for the majority of people who left when I say: I couldn't care less for this band any more. Talking shit about Belladonna for GOTE, then getting him back for the re-union while shafting Bush was just too much. Even if John was to return I'd still have lost any respect I had for the band.
Even should the new album be amazing, it's not the Anthrax I've loved since I was 15. I'm guessing most people who used to come here feel the same.

I've posted since day one....quit a while ago because it seemed like there were to many immature idiots.

How many times can we debate Joey vs. John?? Gets old. Plus it always ended up someone blasting another person.