What's the next Wolverine disc going to sound like?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hey Stefan,

Do you guys have any idea what your new CD will sound like? Have you sat down and discussed any ideas yet... or demoed any material perhaps?

Any chance you may return to the heavy approach exhibited on The Window Purpose or is it going to be more stuff a la your last one?

Thanks!

Well, so far it's hard to say how the album will sound like in the end, but judging from the ideas and the 1 1/2 songs finished so far I think it will be a natural continuation of "Still" without becoming a new "Still" album. The fact we have Per in the band already brings new thinking to the band. I wouldn't expect any growling though! ;) /Marcus

I tried to foresee how "Still" would sound and failed big time. That was even after we had several songs written for the album.

This being said, the direction feels like a logical continuation of "Still". However, even though songs are written and has a certain feel to them they can change pretty dramatically in the studio.

To be honest, I feel we have an extremely hard task in following up on "Still" because I really love that album. All we can do is of course to do our best and hopefully that's enough. Just as Marcus said Per is also contributing this time around and from what I've heard so far I'm extremely impressed. Not much is written though and actually only one song is finished (at least 95% finished) but we'll try to pick up the pace and get a bunch of songs together the coming months. It will be really exciting!

Hi!

Unfortunately I don't have any updates for you just yet. Personally I've been very busy with my daughter who was born in March with a bad heart. We've been back and forth to hospitals so that, along with studies, have taken up all of my time lately. I'll try and get back to you within the coming weeks with some sort of update. OK?

Take care and talk to you soon!

/Stefan

Oh my!

So sorry to hear that. I hope that everything works out with your precious daughter. My warmest wishes to your whole family!

I hope it's light and soft. I like the direction on tracks like "Sleepytown". "Window Purpose" was fine for its time... but let's leave that in the past and allow Wolverine to grow.