When is Nevermore going to get back together?

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Seriously this shit is getting old. It's been nearly a year and a half of daily disappointment as I check Blabbermouth in the hopes of seeing this:

NEVERMORE: Source Says Former Members Reconcile Differences, Will Record New Album - August 28, 2012 Read

Alas, nay...Warrel, Jeff, Van, and Jim refuse to quench my emptiness. What the hell, man? Come on guys, let's do this shit. It's killing me. Make it happen. You guys don't like each other but we like you. So just do it.

mhh.. nope, nevermore was way better than his solo stuff imo (esp for guys who are not into guitar shredding)... man, the fuck was i disappointed when they canceled the gig i went to on the very same night... -.-

Yeah, tbf it's two totally different things really. You can't compare instrumentals to stuff with vocals in any case. But yeah, what I meant is that I wouldn't be too miffed if they didn't get back together. Though I'd be stoked if they did. Never got a chance to see them live so it'd be amazing if they toured.

whether it's nevermore or not, i think loomis needs a band. honestly, you can only go so far doing the instrumental, shreddy, guitar-hero solo career; without vocals, that stuff kinda gets old fairly quick. i remember listened to ZOP, and it's a great record, but it kinda got old the further into it i got. then POB came out, and if it didn't werem't for those three songs with vox, that one would've gotten old even quicker.

then POB came out, and if it didn't werem't for those three songs with vox, that one would've gotten old even quicker.
+1

Also, Warrel has said he intends to move on with Sanctuary as his top priority. Nevermore is probably going to be an afterthought for another year or so at least.

Jeff and Van were pulling Warrel and Jim around like anchors. Dead weight. I hope Jeff does something with a vocal focus again, but I also hope he moves back to six strings and writes in drop C# forever.

whether it's nevermore or not, i think loomis needs a band. honestly, you can only go so far doing the instrumental, shreddy, guitar-hero solo career; without vocals, that stuff kinda gets old fairly quick. i remember listened to ZOP, and it's a great record, but it kinda got old the further into it i got. then POB came out, and if it didn't werem't for those three songs with vox, that one would've gotten old even quicker.

I agree.
A lot of his solo stuff is like listening to Marty Friedman and Jason Becker, just with deeper, 7 string guitar riffs. Otherwise, it's basically been done already and I'd rather throw on the 'originals' than ZOP or POB anyway.
I haven't bothered to even listen to ZOP since 2009.
POB has far better production than ZOP and is a bit more interesting, but it's still not anywhere near my fave Nevermore albums for reply value

Why? Warrel is fucking awesome. I love his voice.

I didn't like his voice at first to be honest.
The vocals were the only aspect I didn't like about Nevermore for the first few months after I started listening to them, but it kinda really grew on me

Same, Warrel's voice really grew on me and I couldn't imagine Nevermore with another vocalist.

Jeff and Van were pulling Warrel and Jim around like anchors. Dead weight. I hope Jeff does something with a vocal focus again, but I also hope he moves back to six strings and writes in drop C# forever.

Pretty much +1 apart from the vocal focus thing.

I hope he does an instrumental version of Nevermore, and just focuses on the chunk riffs circa Enemies of Reality, then does clinics to keep the monies rolling in.