Where did your hear (about) Skyfire

stargazer

Skyfire wants you!
Nov 27, 2001
Lund, Sweden
www.skyfireonline.net
Hi folks!

Just thought it would be fun to know how/where/when you first heard or heard about Skyfire (magazines, radio, reviews, etc..)!

I know I first heard them in Andreas basement about 6 years ago....sounded awful back then ;)

yeah and I still wanna hear that song :p

God, when did I hear Skyfire.......um......damn thats a tough, im not exactly sure how I found out about em, but you guys came up when I was looking for new melodic death bands, heard a few songs off Napster about a year and half (roughly) ago when you guys first released TD, been a fan since :headbang:

hmmm... first time i read on Hammerheart website... they wrote something about similarity to Dark Tranquillity and COB... and then i received promo from HHR... that's all...

I don't remember exactly, but it was in one of the ultimatemetal boards.
I think it was a thread about what boards you visit etc and someone mentioned alot of bands I like and the only band I didn't recognize in his/her list was skyfire, so I decided to check you guys out :)

I read somewhere in another forum s.o.'s playing Skyfire, and I remembered a song called "skyfire" on a hammerheart sampler. so I took a look at that cd and played the song and came by this board :)

I remeber how I heard about Skyfire. I was on CDnow.com and looking through In Flames related artists sections. Skyfire was listed under "has had influence on" So i thought, hrrmmm Im gonna check them out. So i listened to some of the CD at Cdnow.com and decided to purcahse it! A wise move i made there!

I had a chat over ICQ with someone called Butane Phyre (who I believe is TheSuicider here) and he sent me a 15 second clip. Then I completely forgot about it and after a few months I talked to DarkMare and he said he'll be the moderator of your board. Then it got back to me and I had to check out more.
Here I am today. ;)

good question, I thought he might be a friend of the band but he doesnt live in Sweden so hrm.......:err: Indeed....perhaps its Jocke or maybe even Jonas in disquise! ;)

Originally posted by Final_Vision
good question, I thought he might be a friend of the band but he doesnt live in Sweden so hrm.......:err: Indeed....perhaps its Jocke or maybe even Jonas in disquise! ;)

I talked to darkmare about this once and i think he said he simply asked to do it and they let him.
Anyways I heard Skyfire on Fredrik's Swedish metal site first

hey FUCK YOU opacity........nah how could I be mad at a few pixels like that......ok your a good guy in my book dont worry :loco:

schchtrn_15.gif