Where Dragons Rule

AlexJacobii

You are a Gimp.
Feb 20, 2009
Michigan
There used to be a thread discussing this song and we somehow managed to get Steve to reveal the original lyrics. It got deleted due to age I guess. I remember a few of us asked if anyone had the demo version and I do not remember anyone ever finding it, well here it is if there is still interest in it:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et8fLT2XzUw&feature=related[/ame]

The topic is still here, I read it the other day.

I still have a copy of the demo version along with all the other DH/DF demos.

The topic is still here, I read it the other day.

I still have a copy of the demo version along with all the other DH/DF demos.

Hmm the thread must be hiding then, sorry for making a second topic about it I was planning to grave dig. Either way it is a bit interesting to hear the differences in this song, the lyrics are closer to what Steve had.

Incidentally, does anyone have a copy of any of the official releases that feature Where Dragons Rule? Just curious as to whether or not I am credited on them....and if so, in what way.

Cheers!
Will you be pissed off if you aren't credited? I think I would. You co-wrote it after all!

Incidentally, does anyone have a copy of any of the official releases that feature Where Dragons Rule? Just curious as to whether or not I am credited on them....and if so, in what way.

Cheers!

I have the Japanese Edition of Valley of the Damned and the Remixed & Remastered Edition of the same album and this is it how it goes:

Japanese Edition - In the main booklet, there appears to be no reference to you or the song Where Dragons Rule at all, unless I'm not looking hard enough, but in the little White Japanese Booklet you get with it, it lists Where Dragons Rule on the tracklist and for writing credits it says "M: Sam Totman, Steve Williams/L: Steve Williams, ZP Theart"

Remixed & Remastered Edition - It has the lyrics for Where Dragons Rule in the main booklet as well as crediting "Music: Sam Totman - Steve Williams/Lyrics: Steve Williams - ZP Theart"

The Twilight Dementia book doesn't appear to mention you anywhere; there are no lyrics printed anywhere on it.

The Valley of the Damned re-release booklet gives you lead credit for lyrics on WDR and supporting credit for music.

Where would one find the catalogue numbers? On a booklet? I have both those releases in hand right here.

Don't suppose anyone has the catalogue numbers for those releases do they?

VOTD Spinefarm re-release
Twilight Dementia - Roadrunner/Spinefarm

Valley Of The Damned Japanese Edition - VICP-62258
Valley Of The Damned Remixed & Remastered Japanese Edition - VIZP-88
Twilight Dementia Japanese Edition - VICP-64866-7

Valley OF The Damned Remixed & Remastered Spinefarm Release - 2703986
Twilight Dementia Spinefarm Release - SPI371CD / Universal Release - 2743608

The Twilight Dementia book doesn't appear to mention you anywhere; there are no lyrics printed anywhere on it.
Steve is credited.
It's on the very last "fold" since the TD booklet is a gate-fold right under the Special Thanks. The Japanese edition also comes with a lyrics booklet.

Just looked at the booklet to VotD Remastered and found Steve under both the songwriting and lyricwriting for Where Dragons Rule. Never really noticed that before, even with this being in my top 5 Dragonforce songs (up there with Heart Of A Dragon, Black Winter Night, Lost Souls In Endless Time, and My Spirit Will Go On.)

Steve is credited.
It's on the very last "fold" since the TD booklet is a gate-fold right under the Special Thanks. The Japanese edition also comes with a lyrics booklet.

I'm looking verrrry carefully at the special thanks page and I still don't see "Williams" listed anywhere. Could be different in different regions; I have the US region.

I don't see Steve in my US version of Twilight Dementia either. :ill: