Who actually played drums on DoD?

Taccer

Dreamchaser
Sep 9, 2008
England
Okay, we're all aware of Michael Ehré joining the band on drums after Mark Cross' departure from the band. But in the rear pages of the Days of Defiance booklet, it says that all drums performed on the album are by Mark Cross. Does this mean that whilst Michael is being credited as Firewind's drummer, that DoD actually features the same lineup and Allegiance and The Premonition?

yes michael ehre joined the band after they recorded days of defiance but i'm sure mark got his share.....

I'm not saying Mark didn't get paid or that Michael is a fraud, I was just confirming if it's actually Mark's playing we're listening to. Seems like it is, thanks. I think note as such should be make on Wikipedia, etc

hey! here's some evidence that this is true: this is a message from michael ehre on facebook ;)

" Michael Ehré January 31 at 9:43pm Hi Stavros! Sorry for the late reply but I´ve been on tour...it was Mark because I joined the band as the album was finished ;-)
Michael"

I hope this puts an end to this question..(I see it all over the net)

Mark posted this on his Facebook page on October 5th, 2010

"I'm sure many fans will be surprised and disappointed not to see me with Firewind on stage. Unfortunately there were too many personal differences in FW, that forced me to leave the band earlier this year! Although I recorded the drums on "Days of Defiance" and co-wrote the "SKG" track and a bunch of lyrics, things were bad and didn’t work out anymore! .....

Michael Ehre is not a fraud. He was in the band at the time of the album's release and obviously the liner notes and album photos. So, it only makes sense to acknowledge him as a member at that time. Mark is credited on the back of the CD as recording all drum tracks.