Who is Lunaris?

Pasted from the Earache site:

Hailing from Norway, Lunaris features members of Borknagar, 1349 and Spiral Architect. This is no "Super Group" or " Side Project" band though. Lunaris are a fully-fledged, fully working band with the ambition and dedication it takes to become a genuine force in the metal scene. With their skilled musicianship and exemplary song writing skills it should be merely a formality for Lunaris to push their way to the top of the underground metal scene.

The band has already completed the work on their debut album, "...the Infinite", and if all goes to plan we will be able to release the album sometime in August.

Lunaris recorded "...the Infinite" with drummer Asgeir Mickelson (Spiral Architect & Borknagar), guitarists Azarak (Spiral Architect & Satyricon) and M (backing Vocals), bassist and vocalist Maztema (Spiral Architect), vocalist Balfori (ex-1349) and keyboardist Ray. However, Mickelson is now out of the band and Lunaris replaced
him with Janos Di Croce.

An advance track from "..the Infinite" entitled "Of the One" can be found here: www.elitistrecords.co.uk/lunaris2.mp3

it's hard to explain, because Lunaris is unique and very special band with own style. i never heard band who united two diffrent style like black metal and progressive rock, but there's is LUNARIS. once i spined their mp3 with my wife (she is vocalist) and my friend (he is keysmaster in black metal band) and we attempted classify Lunaris... in our opinions Lunaris is something between black metal aggression and Dream Theatre and Spiral Architect + something else. once there's is fast black with furious screams, once Lunaris is progressive riffs, beauty keys passage and clean vocals. but... you'll must listen Lunaris oneself

Originally posted by Eldzik
in our opinions Lunaris is something between black metal aggression and Dream Theatre and Spiral Architect + something else

Can't say I hear any Spiral Architect in Lunaris though. The only (apparent) thing must be Øyvind's voice (but he's not doing much clean vocals on it). Lunaris isn't more progressive than, say, what Dimmu Borgir are. Emperor and Mayhem are more progressive for that matter.

It was great fun playing on it though!!!

- Asgeir

@Asgeir: you know better;) first track what i heard was song from Earache website and there sang Øyvind at the beginning. first impression is most important, that's right? :p