Who will be Australia's leader?

Who will be the next President of Australia?

• George W. Bush

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • John Kerry

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
How about "Who will not lose" ?

Nah, the Yanks are too "you are either sensible, or you're a communist".

I'd put my money on the Monkey Man (assuming that I could live on the blood money that would follow)

Kerry's gonna ride it in, no question. The current polls are from 'likely voters' which doesn't include newly registered people, or students and others whose primary telephone is a mobile.

HE'S GONNA FUCKIN RIDE IT IN!! :headbang:

Mark,
In a perfec world, you'd be correct.

But WE gave Howard a landslide AND the fucking senate.

This is Bizzaro world.

Newton discovered gravity by a box of "Fig Newtons" landing on his head.....etc.

The situation in Australia's a little different, though.

In the US you not only had a lot of people who were stricken from the voter registry (in Florida, as we all know), but also 50% of the population didn't even vote in 2000. Now, groups like Move On and ACT have registered thousands, tens-of-thousands, new voters, and students who weren't of voting age, and who're increasingly liberal, are now registered to vote... so I would be very surprised if there wasn't a substantial swing to the left.

You would think with all the Bush hatred he would be gone, but, it IS America, so you never know.

Undecided voters usually go with the status quo as well, just look what happened here :(

Hmmm... you all have interesting points. But I think that the fact that so many people are registering to vote this time means that Bush is on shaky ground. New voter registration there is at an unprecedented high, many Americans are very unhappy with the way the war is going and you have to remember that the US economy is in recession because of Bush's policies. There's even been a swing to the Left by Republican voters. Keep in mind also that Gore actually won the 2000 election, but was defeated because Florida disenfranchised half the vote. It is looking good for Kerry, but it's too close to call.

I wonder how many of these people who hate Bush will actually go and vote though, thats the thing, they can talk about it as much as they like, but when it gets to the day and they decide they need to shop instead, it wont help :)

With all the Bush hatred around, you would have to say if Kerry loses, he will have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Or that America is very stupid.

I think Kerry will win it easily. I'd say the average swinging American voter would be sick of Bush and how he makes their country look.
Plus, in the bigger scheme of things, the US needs a change of direction. Their economy is falling fast. (which makes for great study).

Goreripper said:
how will America's recession effect the rest of the world?
To date, Australia pretty well manage to avoid following them down the tube, and so long it doesn't completely crash (ie; WW3), WE should still be fine.

If Bush is kicked out of office and the new government doesn't do anything stupid, (and nobody does anything stupid to them), I'd say they're past the worst of it and recovery would come quickly. Right now even Arnie's doing a pretty good in California (that still makes me laugh) which goes a long way to helping the rest of the country look good.

Whether a boom or recession of the US economy is better for Australia is pretty open for debate though, especially in regards to the FTA.

doesn't really bother me who wins that election, I can't tell the difference between the two, plus I dont even like politics, anyway my opinion is that they should get a move on out of Iraq because I feel sorry for the poor bastards that get sent there to die due to American stupidity