Who would you like to see Devin produce ?

a few, heh:
My Dying Bride
Type O Negative
Gardenian
Candiria
Hypocrisy

too many to mention or thingk of, lol

Actually, I think he could go a great thing with Converge's sound. If Converge could repeat the brilliance of their 'Jane Doe' album and Devin produced it, I think there would be one GREAT album there.

Neurosis and Isis would be good, too.

commandante said:
I second Soilwork again... No other Soilwork album reaches the brilliance of Natural Born Chaos...

i absolutely agree, and i think figure number five would have been much better with devin producing, but as a whole with our without devin, the songwriting on natural born chaos just had more depth than the writing on figure number five.

Posted by Oscar - October 22nd, 2003 at 07:48 AM
People, I don't think Devin producing Soilwork had much to do with the actual songwriting on that record. He just changed a couple of riffs around, helped with the vocal style and no doubt did a lot with the synth - the last two of which are even more prevalent on the new album

>>>> well, maybe i dont know a whole lot about a producers responsibilities, but i did notice that devin was behind the boards for both soilwork and lamb of gods' BEST cd's -

i agree he should do soilwork again, i think whatever magic he helped create was sorely missed on FNF -

type O would be an interesting choice -

but what about someone like chimaira, who arent really known for their musical depth -

him producing dave mustaine or shadows fall would be equally incredible -

btw dtb will be here in pittsburgh 12-8 - i cant wait

Whip

There was talk a couple of years back of a Meshuggah/Devin collaboration... personally I would fucking love to hear Devin produce a second Fredrik Thordendall's Special Defects album.

A full collaboration of Devin and Tomas Haake would be amazing... math metal with SYL brutality!

The talk of the Meshuggah/Dev thing cropped up again while they were out on tour together.

I like to see Devin Townsend work with Jon Schaffer (now producing) on a future Iced Earth cd. Jon Schaffer's production mixed Devin Townsend's production style would be different from Morrisound/Jon Schaffer duo.

Vital Remains... in an interview one of them actually said they'd like him to produce one of their records.

Either them or a reformed Emperor, as long as Samoth writes the majority of the music. :p

Niles Darquetona said:
I like to see Devin Townsend work with Jon Schaffer (now producing) on a future Iced Earth cd. Jon Schaffer's production mixed Devin Townsend's production style would be different from Morrisound/Jon Schaffer duo.
Yeah but I bet he and Schaffer would probably kill each other by the end of the sessions.

I'd personally like to see Opeth, or in some bizarre twisted dream world, the nextKing Crimson album. It wouldn't really suit their sound but it'd be bizarre as hell.

I'd like to see Dev produce SYMPHONY X and whip all the members for all the bad notes they do in their sweeping parts...

:tickled: