Why do so many people hate Anders Friden?

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
I think he is an excellent vocalist, and many of you hate him and complain about SKydancer being ruined by his vocals and In Flames being ruined by his vocals, but why do you not like him? He is different than Mikeal Stanne, who is another excellent vocalist, but there is nothing to make his performances horrible. His clean vocals on Reroute ot Remain are not his best performance :)erk:), but I don't see anything wrong with Skydancer. I think It's great.

Steve

I don't hate Anders Friden.

I don't hate him. He has a unique voice (not perfect/wide ranging, but that's the appeal) and is an good songwriter IMO. I've heard his attitude is a bit snobbish at times, but this is what I've only heard, so it may be untrue. Also some people say he is nice, contrary to the snobbiness reports. *shrugs* I also think he's kind of cute in his interviews, looks, and attitude. ;p

NP: u2 -- Stay (Faraway, so close!)

I defintitely see a lot of disdain toward Mr. Fridèn, but I've always personally liked a lot, if not all, of his vocals. I've never met him personally, so I can't say much about his personality, but I've heard that the whole band is really nice.

Friden was a good vocalist on the older In Flames, like Whoracle.
He's ok on Colony/Clayman too.
But he sucks enormously on Reroute.
People that thinks he's better than/as good as Stanne needs to re-think.

He whines about how In Flames should get more attention and and be played more on TV etc. And he never looks metal when I see him in town, not like Stanne, *aaaaww* ;)

i don't hate anders friden and i think no one here does.
however, i dislike him because he can't come up with decent lyrics and his clean vocals are one of the most horrible things i've ever heard, that totally ruin Reroute to Remain, which would be a good record otherwise. not to mention that scream on nightfall. :heh: :p

Miolo

I have nothing agsinst Anders. Depending on the song and album...it's really difficult to classify his vocals since they sound slightly different on each album. IF seems like a great band personality-wise though.

I don't hate Anders. In fact i think his best quality is the lyrics Sundin wrote for him. :p

I don´t hate him as person.. I don´t hate him as lyric writer.. Idon´t hate him as vocalist. I hate him as a man who can´t can´t speak and yet, is not dump.
Clear? :)

Reactions: Ormir
Steve420 said:
I think he is an excellent vocalist, and many of you hate him and complain about SKydancer being ruined by his vocals and In Flames being ruined by his vocals, but why do you not like him? He is different than Mikeal Stanne, who is another excellent vocalist, but there is nothing to make his performances horrible. His clean vocals on Reroute ot Remain are not his best performance :)erk:), but I don't see anything wrong with Skydancer. I think It's great.

Steve

1) Any monkey can growl like he. Most monkeys cant pull off what Stanne does.
2) A true vocalist should have a clean singing ability. Friden not only lacks the ability, but actually needs a lot of work to overcome his inhability.
3) His live performance is horrible. He is never in tune and he cant never pull off the clean singing he did in the studio which was already bad. The only thing worst is a chicken trying to sing.
4) He cannot write decent lyrics. The best and most acomplished inflames lyrics were written by Niklas Sundin ( So they say co-writen. I say potatoes, they say potatos, big deal )
5) He ( like all members in inflames nowdays ) forgot about the metal people who tolerated his incompetence and is constantly and openly attacking them calling anyone who dislikes his ( horrible ) work a close minded person

Reactions: Lethe78
i don't hate him. i thought his vocals in DT were absolutely horrible and i have trouble listening to it.. he was okay in In Flames up until reroute to remain.. that's just horrible. he was kind of stuck up when i met him too

Misanthrope said:

2) A true vocalist should have a clean singing ability. Friden not only lacks the ability, but actually needs a lot of work to overcome his inhability.

Fridén's clean vocal were decent in Reroute to Remain.

They where not both from a aestetical point of view and from a technical point of view. If you enjoy R2R vocals check this bands for similar singing
Deftones
Corn
Limp Bisquit
Coal Chamber
Linking Park

Misanthrope said:
They where not both from a aestetical point of view and from a technical point of view. If you enjoy R2R vocals check this bands for similar singing
Deftones
Corn
Limp Bisquit
Coal Chamber
Linking Park

You're comparing apples and oranges.