Why the New Wave of Heavy (Mainstream) Metal is bad for metal

lamb of god > mastadon

Edit: Don't be a fucking moron bigdave, anus is like that enemy you respect because not only do you abhore him, you admire him for the knowledge and rivalry he provides, the conflict that brings you content.

no fuck that

anus = bunch of pretentious and ignorant assholes

I don't really care much for dimebag anymore (though I think he was a very good guitarist) - but to make fun of one's death is disgusting, despicable, and absolutely inexcusable

fuck anus

The only band I loathe is Mastodon. I had to endure them when I saw Slayer and it was the worst experience I have ever had listening to metal.

how can you rate a band based on one live performance you saw??

I've personally never cared for Slayer, especially not the vocals or lyrics. But saying the band has 'zero worth'...how can you say that when they are one of the most influencial metal bands?

I don't really care much for dimebag anymore (though I think he was a very good guitarist) - but to make fun of one's death is disgusting, despicable, and absolutely inexcusable

fuck anus

I completely agree. Anus is the most pretentious and useless metal site, period.

lol holy terror sabbat artillery coroner annihilator overkill sodom

we're gonna have to agree to disagree here

slayer (with SOH and SITA) created some of the best slow, atmospheric thrash metal ever (along with the torrid death/thrash metal of their previous 2 albums) - and they were one of the first bands to masterfully pull of the death/satan "gimmick" without ever sounding contrived or immature

I really don't see why this "Dave Burns" is delving so deep into this if he doesn't even like the bands he is talking about. Who cares what they are doing with labels or what they are telling interviewers? Why not just listen to the music - yes, music - they make, and if you like it, great. If not, just move on and find another band. Isn't that the point of music? To listen to it? That's what metal is about, the music, and if he wanted to support his statement "Maybe it is time for people to be metal" he wouldn't have written this repetitive article that has nothing to do with the music itself.

? i replied to your first comments in this thread about them because you said they were a disgrace to metal. I don't have an account there or even visit there site, but they did/do help expose some bands that would otherwise be unknown of, so that's doing something for metal.

I agree they are pretentious wankers, and quite childish amongst their "intellectual" bullshit, saying shit like Chuck died of aids.
So why do you bother reading their shit and complaining about it?

It's fascinating how, instead of addressing the points raised in the article, most of the congoids infesting this thread seem intent on making anus.com - a site with NOTHING TO DO with LotFP, Dave Burns, The Ghosts of Glam Metal Past, Slayer, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, or, well, anything - the central focus of discussion. All of which just goes to show two things:

1. Dave Burns is right, and you've got no legitimate response.

2. The Dark Legions Archives continue to provoke because they expose truths that most of you would rather not face.

Poor, dumb, defeated mainstream metallers... :lol:

Dave Burns seemingly based his entire article on only a few bands that have achieved popularity so I didn't really find the article to be of that much significance or interest to me since most of the metal I listen to is black metal, doom, death etc and not the kind of stuff like Mastodon, Shadows Fall or whatever crap makes up the mainstream metal scene in the US.

Though I did read an article today about Warner music buying 73.5% of Roadrunner or something. I couldn't a fuck about Roadunner though, I hate that label and they pretty much are money-driven whores anyways.

I really don't see why this "Dave Burns" is delving so deep into this if he doesn't even like the bands he is talking about. Who cares what they are doing with labels or what they are telling interviewers? Why not just listen to the music - yes, music - they make, and if you like it, great. If not, just move on and find another band. Isn't that the point of music? To listen to it? That's what metal is about, the music, and if he wanted to support his statement "Maybe it is time for people to be metal" he wouldn't have written this repetitive article that has nothing to do with the music itself.

You're right. People should just listen to music and be unaware of what is happening, and why, behind the curtain. Ignorance always makes for a healthy scene.

no fuck that

fuck anus

how can you rate a band based on one live performance you saw??

you just wait until/if Antti Boman(or whoever it is that they credit for being the mastermind behind Nespithe) pops a blood vessel in his brain for trying to write a successor to the overhyped " last word in Death Metal" record
and there will no end to the internet drama that will take place on the Anus boards. The day of his demise will become a memorial day and they'll erect a monument to the guy right in front of Anus' headquarters:lol:
I witnessed one of Boman's chance visits to the Nihilist forum. The seemingly endless shower of accolodes he was recieving from all his obsequious worshippers was a hilarious spectacle(OMG, you're the most talented person on this Earth, please sign my shirt and my penis while you're at it. I've exaggerated with the latter, but some posters seemed only a hair away from taking it to the next level of awkwardness).
No offense to the Demilich fans here.
As I said a couple of days ago I think that worshipping artists is moronic. You only know an artist through his art. The other sides of his personality are often hidden from view. A brilliant composer can be a maniacal serial killer or a child molestor during the nocturnal hours.Perhaps that's what fuels his inspiration. Why would someone idolize another person they don't know thoroughly well, is beyond me. This applies to you too, mate, with your senseless Chuck worship.

Soryy if that was off-topic. I just had tot take it off my chest

Reactions: Solipsist
It's fascinating how, instead of addressing the points raised in the article, most of the congoids infesting this thread seem intent on making anus.com - a site with NOTHING TO DO with LotFP, Dave Burns, The Ghosts of Glam Metal Past, Slayer, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, or, well, anything - the central focus of discussion. All of which just goes to show two things:

1. Dave Burns is right, and you've got no legitimate response.

2. The Dark Legions Archives continue to provoke because they expose truths that most of you would rather not face.

Poor, dumb, defeated mainstream metallers... :lol:

why don't you tell us how mastodon is like south of heaven reimagined for indie kids again??

why don't you bring back my man muhamed so he can tell us how behemoth is just another copy of morbid angel (despite the fact that there's nothing even REMOTELY similar between the 2 bands)???

you're even more a moron than the average pretentious twat that makes up the entire Anus "community"

please go off somewhere (as remote as possibly, preferably,) and die