Winter Olympics ...

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
anyone watching this?
most people in the US think the Winter ones are a bore ... but there is some crazy shit going on.
Downhill skiing is on right now ... have not seen this event in ages ... and the speed they achieve looks downright insane.

looks pretty awesome in HDTV as well ...

ok, the guy who is now in first place in this event is 6'4" 230 lbs ... and they are saying being this big is a plus in downhill skiing ... hmm
the few times i put skiis on it never felt like I was in control of the damn things ... might have to try it again.

hahahah ... I will NEVER live down that speedo pic ... and I don't even own a damn pair.

yoko ono - terrible idea. i was embarrased as an american.
anyway, wierdest opening ceremony in history in preparation for one of the most boring sporting events in history. thanks olympics! for interrupting the hockey season! yay!

Actually, most people prefer the winter olympics. The summer olympics blow. I mean, track & field? yay

I don't particularly care about either though, except hockey and maybe some snowboarding events

I definitely prefer winter to summer games, THE LUGE MAN YEAH!!! Really dig the bobsled as well. Summer I like gymnastics, like a lot. I've been told that makes me gay, but I think those people were trying to hit on me anyhow.

New silver medal to Norway, courtesy of our very best freestyle skier, Kari Traa.

kledere_sak.jpg

dorian gray said:
yoko ono - terrible idea. i was embarrased as an american.
anyway, wierdest opening ceremony in history in preparation for one of the most boring sporting events in history. thanks olympics! for interrupting the hockey season! yay!
dude, olympic hockey is teh goodz0r