WOODS OF YPRES frontman, David Gold, dies in accident.

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
http://www.bravewords.com/news/174851

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 04:10:08 EST

BW&BK has learned that WOODS OF YPRES frontman/drummer/founder David Gold was killed in an accident near Barrie, Ontario on December 22nd. Information surrounding his passing has yet to be made public.

A long time friend and supporter of BW&BK, and without a doubt one of the hardest working musicians - independent or signed - on the Canadian metal scene, David will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends in this tragic time.

David's family will be holding a memorial service in his home town of Sault Ste. Marie, tentatively scheduled for December 28th. Details will be confirmed in the coming days.

ugh

Dave was one of the most supportive and nicest people I've ever met. This one really hit me hard.

Here's a pic of him, me, and Paul Kuhr from Novembers Doom after the last date of our mini-tour in May.

378754_10150454481343297_500258296_8594389_769323538_n.jpg

Dave was cool. I loved the first Woods ep and it remains as one of my favorite black metal releases today...when that was released it was at the time that I discovered Agalloch and Bathory and it just fit right in. I wanted to write music just like it and still do.

btw, bozarth that's a cool picture even though you looked like you ate a can of chef boyarde (sp).

Dave was cool. I loved the first Woods ep and it remains as one of my favorite black metal releases today...when that was released it was at the time that I discovered Agalloch and Bathory and it just fit right in. I wanted to write music just like it and still do.

btw, bozarth that's a cool picture even though you looked like you ate a can of chef boyarde (sp).

my band, www.goddamnzombie.com, opened for Woods and Novembers Doom on that tour. that's what happens when fake blood is used :p

Any info on whether or not it might have been suicide? Like I've said before, I can't imagine him walking out into traffic and risking the lives of others just to take himself out. But listening to the new album and reading his tweets you posted, Will...can't help but wonder about it. Still so bummed about this :(

Yeah, I don't use it but saw his tweets on their board and couldn't help but wonder. Either way, a terrible waste.

RIP