Worlds most pompous metal?

Malleus

Nordic Worrier
Apr 29, 2003
Odda(shithole), Norway
Visit site
What, in your opinion, is the single most pompous band/album you've heard? As much as I like black/death/heavy metal, I can't help loving the real sword&honor power metal.

I used to think ManWar was pretty much it, but I think I'll go for Rhapsodys "Power of the Dragonflame".

Yeah, I agree actually, but only regarding image/lyrics. I meant pompousness both musically lyrically and image-wise. The symphonic/operatic songs of Rhapsody are so massive, and with epic fantasy lyrics to boost, to me it's a winner.

Rhapsody. I'm a fan of them, but this has always pissed me off: they spend tons of money hiring choirs and orchestra's and soloists and all these other micro-chamber-esque groups people, but they never bother to hire a narrator. Ever. Those narrative passages are so lame, they sound terrible.

i think pompous is sort of derogitory. manowar, blind guardian, grave digger, hammerfall... they are all noble and majestic!
~gR~

i think the most pompous, in the true definition of the word, musical scenes out there are straight edge hardcore and black metal. they take their music so seriously and think they are so much better than everyone else, note not all bands in these scenes are all like this just a lot of them are and a lot of the fans are as well.