Yngwie

I should ban this thread. I was hoping no one here dare to mentioned the blasphemy/rip-off Yngwie is doing. A best of album with a cover of Wacko Jacko as bonus :puke:

I'm a Malmsteen fan but after the acoustic ballads album, the "Genesis" scam (old demos...without remastering) and now this. The guy is seriously trying to lose me as a potential buyer of his material even new stuff with Owens (if he does one).

Also found it strange that the cover to this new album is nearly identical to Perpetual Flame cover. Obviously from the same photo session.

I should ban this thread. I was hoping no one here dare to mentioned the blasphemy/rip-off Yngwie is doing. A best of album with a cover of Wacko Jacko as bonus :puke:

I'm a Malmsteen fan but after the acoustic ballads album, the "Genesis" scam (old demos...without remastering) and now this. The guy is seriously trying to lose me as a potential buyer of his material even new stuff with Owens (if he does one).

Even me an Yngwie Homer since 1983 can't understand what the hell is going on

I guess he's either enamored by MJ and feels compelled to pay tribute... or just thinks it will help sell some cds.

I'll vote for the second. Since the guy kicked the bucket everybody is trying to make money out of the corpse.

I didn't like this when I got an advance of the album a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to sit through. You know I'm a hardcore Tim Owens fan but this must have made even The Ripper's skin crawl!!! I think it would have made an accetable instrumental though...

Where did you read that? When I interviewed Yngwie he said he wanted this to be a longterm deal. In Malmsteen's world though it could mean 3-4 albums.

I guess it would have been last summer when I read it. I'm pretty certain he said it was likely a 1 album deal.

Hopefully he releases another disc like Perpetual Flame because production aside, it was an awesome disc.

Where did you read that? When I interviewed Yngwie he said he wanted this to be a longterm deal. In Malmsteen's world though it could mean 3-4 albums.

Make 1-3 at the most. I love Ripper vocals and I wish him the best of luck in any project, but even for a long time fan of Yngwie like me he's beginning to get on my patience. IMO he should retire now before making something worse than what he has done lately (no, not "Perpetual Flame" that's a good album).

IMO Yngwie has always "danced" to his own tune-wherever that takes him.from things i've heard(i know-how much to believe),over the years and seen(check out Pantera's 3 vulgar videos disc)-extremeley rude to Dime,he's always been about himself-

granted,I was transformed by the Marching Out album-been a fan ever since

he's talented and gifted

but at times like the general consensus here;what's up!?

:rolleyes:

He sent me (or rather, his website admin sent to me) an e-mail about this. I can't even force myself to listen to it, and I'm a Malmsteen and Owens fan. Seriously. I hope I'm not the only guy not covering an MJ song. How many metalheads out there are MJ fans? Thank God none of the other metal heads have chosen to cover an MJ song. Don't get me wrong. The guy was talented and all and his passing was sad, but jeez..... metal and MJ just don't mix in my opinion. Can we let guys like Prince and Lenny Cravitz cover the MJ tunes please?