Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guild

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 48 7.7%
  • Dean

Votes: 15 2.4%

• Total voters
I'm pretty new to Jacksons, but once I finally played one, I knew that was _the_ stuff...I absolutely love the feel of them...and we're talking bolt-on models here. =) I've never even seen a USA neck-thru model around in the local shops. =P I know of a used USA Rhoads though, but the guy wants $1400 for it... :/

Before "seeing the light", I was more into Gibsons...too bad most of them have logs for necks... =P The only thing that feels uncomfy about my Jackson is that it's too lightweight. I'm used to carrying the weight of an all-mahogany Flying V... =)

Im a jackson man as well. Ive played them forever. I have a custom dinky and a rhodes. Absolutely love em. Good tone, Great action, Just plain bad ass.

I like Gibson okay, Some Ibanez. Fender action is too high for metal. I've picked up stock BC Rich's from el cheapo's to $2000 models and I find them totally clunky. The neck was huge and the action was horrible. I could get my fingers closer to stinky dog shit. I need to check into jackson and charvel a little more. I think I remember a friend a long time ago with a charvel. it seemed okay except it was always out of tune. I don't know if that was my friend or the guitar, though, heheheh!

I said B. C. Rich jus because it's the current guitar i'm playing now. I used to play a Peavey Raptor also. i haven't yet been introduced to many other brands

Jackson/Charvel 100%

Usa Kelly Trans-Black
Charvel 550XL

They feel and play great. I have owned a Gibson Les Paul Custom(79 silverburst..still kinda kicking myself for selling it years ago) and a 88 PRS...nothing compares to the Jackson!

LOL!! You dont like Marshall's either, Veil The Sky!! Not being very agreeable, are ya?! Ha, j/k. I can totally see why someone wouldnt like a BC Rich. I owned one that sounded great, but I didnt like the feel of it at all. I dont hold on to neck heavy guitars for very long. Cant stand 'em.

You didnt put Dean down on your list!! No Dean, but you have McNaught? LOL!! I woulda voted that (Dean) if I couldve. But I went for Gibson. My favorite brand. I just cant afford one, and I'm not gonna settle for a fucking Epiphone. One day, though. One day.

i have never really played a top line jackson/charvel, and if i did i would probably change my vote, but the best action i have come across on stock guitars is on prs and godin axes. i just sold the godin we had in the shop, and i hope we get another in. great action, great tone, doesn't really look metal though.

I love Jacksons, never played a Jackson I didn't like. However, my very first guitar was an Ibanez, and I highly recommend them for beginners who are looking for an extremely versatile guitar that won't break your budget. I bought a brand new Ibanez RG220 as my very first guitar, and the only reason that I don't play it anymore is because when I got stationed in Korea, the fucking movers dropped it in moving and broke the neck. It was kinda my "bitch" guitar, I experimented with everything with it. I didn't have an acoustic, and I realized that I needed to get my fingers in shape when I first started. So what did I do? I raised the action to the height of an acoustic (I'm not shitting you), and played that way for about a year and a half. By the time I lowered it back down, I had callouses on my fingers like quarters, and I could stretch and bend like a motherfucker. But that guitar had to be one of the toughest as well...and I bought it for $299.

Now that I'm in Korea, this is the musician's dream for guitars. Of course, they aren't as good as neck-thru American models, but I bought my brand new Kelly Pro Star with Duncans and a hardshell case for $400 even. I also bought an electric-acoustic for $90, not a brand name but still sounds really good. I then realized that I needed a standard "rock" guitar, something with a little smoother tone, but could handle crunch if need be. I didn't wanna spend $2500 on a Gibson, so I settled for an Epiphone to see if I liked it. Bought a brand new Epiphone with hardshell case for $230. Jet black and stock humbuckers, but it does the job. I now know that I don't want a REAL Les Paul. Heavy as shit and the necks are so damn thick that it's a pain in the ass...like trying to play with a log. It does have a smooth sound, though, as I like to play all my Anathema and grungy type stuff on that one.

I'm in the market for a B.C. Rich, most probably a V. I played a Warlock one time, and the neck was so fast that I almost burned my fingers, lol! I just never really liked the warlock style, however the Ironbird is awesome. I'll still probably get the Jr. V. I'm foaming at the mouth thinking about it.

Of course, there's the inevitable next step: the 7 string. Eventually I'll get one, when I feel the time is right. I want to master my six string before I delve into the low tuning of 7 strings. However, Ihsahn and Samoth sure do make them sound really fucking killer. I haven't really heard anything but great things about Ibanez 7 strings, so I'm sure that will be my choice when the time comes.

Hehe, I wish we could get such good prices over here. =)

Actually, the weight is what I like in the Gibsons. At least they aren't neck heavy. I hate that. =) I agree 100% about their necks though. If you could get a Les Paul with a Jackson type neck on it, I doubt I'd play anything else. No wait...I would never afford it anyway. =P

The Ibanezes never really appealed to me, but I don't doubt that they're good guitars. But they discontinued the only models that I was interested in - the V's and that mean reverse looking RG thing - it was an RG, but with a short upper horn and a long lower one. It looked like a pirahna. =)

Originally posted by Sunbane
The Ibanezes never really appealed to me, but I don't doubt that they're good guitars. But they discontinued the only models that I was interested in - the V's and that mean reverse looking RG thing - it was an RG, but with a short upper horn and a long lower one. It looked like a pirahna. =)

Alex skolnick formerly of testament, Savatage, used that very model. its a RG 540 Power 2. Very cool indeed ;) Its a very rare and very hard axe to find.

top.jpg
all.jpg

bottom.jpg