Your most embarrassing thread or post?

RedStorm

Death has come
Apr 30, 2014
somewhere in the milky way
Alright. So obviously I got this one in the bag, probably put 90 percent of my content in this thread.
But here's a couple for me:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/im-high-as-fuck.1067300/
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/a-case-of-deteriorating-self-confidence.1008656/
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/my-parents-are-being-assholes.952286/ (Cringe overload)

The MC was a fucking typo, fuck this computer and fuck apple I hope they all fucking die. Im killing myself tonight

I'm not embarrassed of anything I've posted on this forum that I can recall. Sometimes I'll be reading an old thread and see somebody quoting somebody else in an argument, and I'll be like "Who is that somebody else? I've never agreed so strongly with someone on this forum before" only to realize it was me.

But in the spirit of the thread so as to not dissuade others from posting their most embarrassing posts, I'll say that one of the most embarrassing moments in real life I've had was waiting for my physics lab to start mid-freshmen year, a lot of people cramming outside for the upcoming exam. I was still deeply autistic as a result of my homeschooling at that point, and raised by over-congratulatory parents that would always praise my studious habits at home. Two older guys arrive in the thread (I meant to say hallway but for further embarrassment I won't edit that) and I hear one say "That kid studies too hard, he's going to become a robot that can do nothing but physics", to which I nod my head and say "Thank you". I then realized that they were actually talking about the high school-aged child of the physics professor, the latter having frequently reminded us of the former's superiority over the college class. To top it off I failed the exam and it was the only course I had to withdraw from in college.

But probably the most embarrassing thread I've made on any forum was on Forumplanet, Gamespy's main forum service which unified hundreds of different gaming forums under one. It was my first forum and I joined it (the Warcraft and Deus Ex branches specifically) primarily because after being expelled from school for threatening to shoot a kid in 6th grade, I was fucking lonely, literally suicidal, and desperate for attention. I spent every day wondering how I stacked up relative to the other forum members and had a feeling that my recent join date would be a permanent black mark on my reputation. After two months somebody went around various sub-forums under the username "NotHamburgerBoy" and would make threads titled like "HamburgerBoy is the coolest" to make people believe that I was going around pimping myself. While in retrospect I think it might have been obvious that I was not NotHamburgerBoy, as a pubescent mentally unhinged 12 year old I thought it was the fucking end, so I changed my user name, title, and signature to just say "Goodbye..." and made one last thread telling people that people have always hated me no matter where I was and I didn't understand why so I wanted to know their reasons, after which I changed my password and recovery email to something random and logged out forever. I literally cried for weeks. Then I registered a new account under a different name and other bullshit followed but there wasn't really a single cringeworthy post/thread to single out from that period.

Once on a forum for a PC game there was a thread for 'Chuck Norris facts' on the topic of the game, and it was hugely successful and hilarious. So I tried starting the same kind of thread on a punk forum, mainly using in-jokes from said forum. It went down like a lead zeppelin, with about 4 replies equivalent to Worst. Thread. Ever.

The only thing that comes to mind on here is this thread for jokes. A few forums I post on have equivalents and none of them get much activity any more. So I only ever have to go back a few pages to cringe at some of the crappier jokes I posted years ago:

Bloopy said:
What's the worst possible outcome when buying a CD for $10?
Getting a Nickel back.
Bloopy said:
What sits on your shoulder and says "Pieces of 7! Pieces of 7!"?
A parroty error.

A solid two-thirds of my posts are probably embarrassing, as I did the majority of my posting as an angsty teen my first couple of year on the forum (viewerfromnihil). Melding real life and forum life, I did the UM MDF meet-up in 2009 in which we all pooled money together for a hotel and slept like 8-10 per hotel room. I was 16 at the time. I certainly wasn't inexperienced at drinking at the time, but my experience of drinking consisted almost purely of binge-drinking with other 16 year-olds at a friend of mine's whose parents were crackheads and whose mom was also a raging alcoholic. Visits there basically consisted of debauchery and calling his mom a cunt when she starting screaming at us because we wouldn't give her alcohol--a couple of times she'd stolen liquor from us and guzzled down a good portion of the bottle. To give you a picture of how debauched this shit was, one time she started screaming and yelling at us to give her booze. I pissed in a glass, filling it up half-way, and stuck it in the freezer til it got cold. When cold, we filled the other half with liquor, gave it to her, and she guzzled it down and asked for another. So I filled another, but with only a quarter full of liquor, and gave it to her warm. Didn't stop her.

Anyways, I brought that to the in-crowd of yester-year at MDF and made an ass of myself in-person to most of the old regulars on the board, getting super-drunk, breaking stuff in the hotel, turning up in the hotel room at 4AM after everyone was already passed out. One of the nights, I turned up right after having chased down some guy who stole my friend's wallet, and got back dropping the N-bomb left and right. The next night, I bumped into Chris Reifert right outside of the hotel room at 4AM and buzzed about that a bit afterward. There's quite a lot more, but in any case the old in-crowd didn't let me live it down.

The only thing I've had recently that could be considered embarrassing is a thread I drunkenly made a couple of years back, Disappointment and Expectation, but I have zero shame about that one. I remember thinking when I wrote it, CiG is going to fucking hate this chick, and he quickly confirmed it.

Reactions: Bloopy
I still cringe at some of the thread titles I've started. True Blues! For fans of true blues! God what a corny fuck.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
One thing I remember:

As a kid I used to post on this racing game forum and I was running a time-lap competition in certain indie game, and I competed myself. However, I never won and started getting really butthurt over it and I accused others of cheating, even though I was running the competition.

On the same forum I also bragged about buying a water pipe, which I translated as "hookah" but nobody knew what it was, so I was describing my fancy new pipe and was all an excited teenager but everybody else thought I was buying a hooker. My english wasn't very good so it was fucking confusing.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
I still cringe at some of the thread titles I've started. True Blues! For fans of true blues! God what a corny fuck.

On my first forum when I was 12 years old I made a thread titled "Poetry at its finest" in which people could post, appreciate, and discuss poetry. I kicked the thread off with "One sunny day in the middle of the night..." One person thought I was trying to take credit for the poem and accused me of plagiarism, and the thread died shortly after that.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I had quite a few spammy posts in the What are you Doing thread back when I was in high school. Mostly posts about how I was listening to Iced Earth or me telling everyone I just jerked off. I'm pretty sure half of the forum had me on ignore at the time.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/lamb-of-god.165864/page-2#post-3205014
ok, why the fuck do you have to say a band sucks when so many people are saying they are really good? I bet your one of them black metal elesits douchebags who are obsessed with a pick few black metal bands. So just stfu if your going to say something so useless. You could even explain why you dont like them, that would be more accpetable.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/worst-albums-that-you-own.166801/page-2#post-3222032
seriously, for saying that i have to give you a big FUCK YOU. That album is fucking amazing. You have to listen to it more than once, and really listen to it. The man is a genious, and that album pretty much proves it. I guess some people just dont understand it. and for that, im sorry. Im sorry you cant enjoy such an amazing work of art. One of my all time favorite albums.

and for Iced Earth - Something Wicked, that album is actually pretty awesome. I have no idea why that would be in a worst albums ever bought list. wtf?

and for all of the new in flames bashing. I really like the new stuff. Not just because im an in flames fan, but because i like it. I guess if anything sounds experimental or in any way sounds related to anything nu metal sounding that its automatically crap :rolleyes:

The worst albums i ever bought. hmm

Slipknot - Iowa
Green Day - Kerplunk (actually didnt like this even when i was into that kind of shit)
Limp Bizkit (all albums) (actually, i dont know if i can consider them one of the worst because i really enjoyed them at the time. I remember listening to those cds so much. But this was back in middle school before i found real music.)
I guess other than those, i really didnt buy any albums that i plain didnt like. I can say i hate some of this shit i used to listen to, but i got the satisfaction from them back in the day, so i cant say i wasted my money or was disappointed.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ste-for-blastbeats.171050/page-6#post-3326935
well, its all about changing tastes. sometimes your tastes change when you hear new music. i just hate how people agree about hating bands so much. Its all about what your ears like, and forums are about what the masses think. Its just a little annoying. fuck it, i cant type, i drank too much, but i feel good :) so excuse my posts most of the time. I mostly post on the internet only when im on drugs anyway, or at school. So i forget half of my posts. :D

well, off to my caculus homework :yuk:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/thrash.171264/page-5#post-3320060
ah, thats too bad. I like too much of a variety of music to even consider myself a thrasher, even if i was accepted, which i probably wouldnt be. Im a big fan of thrash myself, but i like a little bit of almost all music except pop, punk, and no country i actually like. I will listen to all kinds of rock, metal, some classical, techno, and pretty much a little bit of anything. Im mostly metal though. My playlist right now is a bit thrashy with some death metal. But tonight it will probably be mostly Devin Townsend because im going on a psychedelic journey :)

I even continue to embarrass myself in most of those threads as well. This was my first forum, so all those stories you guys seem to have elsewhere, I had here.

Well in my defense at least LoG had some halfway decent leads back then. They were also one of the few bands id seen live up to that point, and they were killing it at the time.

On my first forum when I was 12 years old I made a thread titled "Poetry at its finest" in which people could post, appreciate, and discuss poetry. I kicked the thread off with "One sunny day in the middle of the night..." One person thought I was trying to take credit for the poem and accused me of plagiarism, and the thread died shortly after that.

As someone who was once a regular poster on allpoetry, I can confirm that anyone interested in poetry is generally a gay emotional wreck and this is not unusual. Every discussion is life or death. I chose death.

Reactions: RedStorm