Zeitgeist - The Movie!!!

A lot of conspiracy theorist garbage that is backed up by very shaky to no sources.

Even though I do believe the idea that Jesus was a myth and not a real person, a lot of what is said is inaccurate even on that front (such as the idea that Jesus directly parallels Horus).

Take this film with a grain of salt.

I actually quite enjoy Michae Moore, for various reasons.

@Proulskxi: What is the film about? "Zeitgeist" is quite an ambiguous term.

@Burnout: Waves of Visual Decay is an awesome album.

A lot of conspiracy theorist garbage that is backed up by very shaky to no sources.

Even though I do believe the idea that Jesus was a myth and not a real person, a lot of what is said is inaccurate even on that front (such as the idea that Jesus directly parallels Horus).

Take this film with a grain of salt.

but surely, you do believe that the higher-ups in washington are all reptilian, right?

Zeitgeist is supposed to mean something like "spirit of the time" or something of that nature. It is a pretty broad term. Can't tell from title what it is about, however, I may look into it sometime later. The term is basically used in talking about attitudes, views, feelings, etc of people categorized either by thier era or generation.

Just checked out the first part of it mainly to see what it is about.

From what I saw it is trying to show people how religion is fake and used to control/subdue people in all different societies of the world. They use their followers and their faith in the institution to fulfill the hungering greed of money, power, and world domination. Just about every conflict the world has ever had can be linked in some way to religion, whether it is very obvious or sublte.

The point of them making this movie seems to be to educate people to have somewhat of an understanding of it all; however, none of this stuff is even the slightest bit new to me. I am well educated yet it is a sad situation that most people in the world are not because society keeps us busy with working 40 or more hr/wk jobs, bills to pay, families to take care of, and multimedia entertainment to enjoy in the very little bit of time we have left in our lives.

I may watch the whole thing later because I want to see if it stays on track with what I think it is all about. It may go in a whole different direction than what I think. I can't really think of how the title fits what it is about. The only thing I have thought about is maybe it relates because they are trying to say that since religion is this huge controlling cover up that has been around since the beginning, it plays a large role in what the "zeitgeist" of each time is throughout history. Or maybe it would also cover the zeitgeists of different cultures since different religions and beliefs yeild different ideas and attitudes?

I never gave much credence to the 9/11 conspiracy theorists but there is an eye opening case raised about the thermite reactions in the 3 towers that collapsed.

The first 30mins are pretty incredible. I'm not much for consipiracy theories. But dayamn, those first 30 minutes...