2014 Shows

Saw them 5 times (85, 08, 09, 10 & 11) and missed Phil not being on stage the last time. But his replacement did well. Really hope Alves & Haze turn up at the Fillmore next year (40th Anniversary tour).

I see Y&T at least once a year (twice in 2013), and they always put on a good show. Although I do miss the classic lineup, the current lineup is still excellent and I appreciate that they change the setlist up each night.

Here's what I have coming up:

Eagles - SAP Center, San Jose, CA, 1/29/14
Transatlantic - Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA, 2/1/14
Michael Schenker Group - Yoshi's, Oakland, CA, 2/6/14
Manowar - Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA, 2/20/14
Children of Bodom/Death Angel/TYR - The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, 2/28/14
Y&T - The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, 3/8/14
Flogging Molly - Fox Theater, Oakland, CA, 3/14/14
Metal Church - Vinnies, Concord, CA, 3/16/14
Empire of the Sun - Fox Theater, Oakland, CA, 4/17/14
Babylon A.D. - Vinnies, Concord, CA, 4/26/14
Iced Earth/Sabaton/Revamp - Slims, San Francisco, CA, 5/3/14
Primal Fear - DNA Lounge, San Francisco, CA, 5/14/14
ProgPower USA - Atlanta, GA, 9/11-13/14

Just caught Death Angel. Ok show. Severe tech problems getting the microphones to work for both Tyr & DA. DA had it worse. 10 minutes of trying to fill time getting it sorted and still the vocals gave out.

Just caught Death Angel. Ok show. Severe tech problems getting the microphones to work for both Tyr & DA. DA had it worse. 10 minutes of trying to fill time getting it sorted and still the vocals gave out.

Was this a warm up for the COB tour, or the first actual show of the tour? If so, how was COB?

Looks like an exiting year to date!

Anvil (missed them last time around)

Into Another (never in my life would I think I would have the pleasure to see them live!!) This is my show of the year as of now.

Between the buried and me

The Sword

BLS/Down/Devil you Know

Destruction

Dillinger Escape Plan

NEMHF (ICED EARTH day only)

Ghost

Volbeat/Trivium

Dream Theater

Was this a warm up for the COB tour, or the first actual show of the tour? If so, how was COB?

No COB. DA was headlining. Tyr and some local band (singer with a Slipknot shirt) opened. Apparently, it was their first show after travelling for 30 hours.

Ottawa crowd was typically weird. Old guys like myself for DA, dancing epileptic hipsters/metalsucks readers/Cobain sweater wearing giggling idiots etc, Tyr fans (Lots of t-shirts), drunks and French Canadians probably from Hull. The Montreal audience is so much better.

As things currently sit:

Hottest Chicks in Rock (Sick Puppies/Lacuna Coil/Eyes Set to Kill/Cilver)
Iced Earth/Sabaton/Revamp
ProgPower USA (4 days)
Sonata Arctica/Delain/Xandria
Manowar

Still have hopes for Edguy and/or Epica and if Within Temptation swings by Atlanta, I'll definitely be there.

:headbang:

Volbeat/Digital Summer
Seether/Skindred/Black Stone Cherry
Rent Veil/Dixie Voodoo Revival/Something Wicked
Piranah/Killing Grace/Noisecult/Vahalla

Next Monday: Protest the Hero, The Safety Fire, Intervals, Night Verses, and Battlecross. Battlecross I don't care about, Night Verses is ok, and the other three make me giddy. I can't wait.

My schedule isn't looking nearly as meal as usual:

Fitz and the Tantrums - Fox Theater, Oakland, CA, 4/3/14
Empire of the Sun - Fox Theater, Oakland, CA, 4/17/14
Babylon A.D. - Vinnies, Concord, CA, 4/26/14
Alan Parson Live Project - Yoshi's, Oakland, CA, 5/2/14
Iced Earth/Sabaton/Revamp - Slims, San Francisco, CA, 5/3/14
Korpiklaani/Turisas - The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, 5/11/14
Skid Row/Black Star Riders - DNA Lounge, San Francisco, CA, 5/13/14
Primal Fear - DNA Lounge, San Francisco, CA, 5/14/14
Queen with Adam Lambert - SAP Arena, San Jose, CA, 7/1/14
Kiss/Def Leppard - Concord Pavillion, Concord, CA, 7/2/14
New Order - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA, 7/11/14
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper - Shoreline Ampitheatre, Mountain View, CA, 7/23/14
ProgPower USA - Atlanta, GA, 9/11-13/14
Sonata Arctica/Delain/Xandria - Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA, 9/28/13 (maybe)

I just added another show to my schedule... still under wraps, but the month of May will see a nice little "mini" tour for folks in the East Coast. :):headbang:

So Queensryche will be in New Orleans Wednesday playing all of Operation: Mindcrime. Only problem is it's the Geoff Tate version. But it would fill up my empty concert schedule and Operation: Mindcrime is always a great record. Will be debating this one.