Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Best Metal Performance:

"Shock Me" — Baroness
"Slivera" — Gojira
"Rotting in Vain" — Korn
"Dystopia" — Megadeth
"The Price Is Wrong" — Periphery

No Anthrax. Who is Baroness. Gojira also nominated for best rock album alongside Blink 182 and Cage the Elephant.

Best Metal Performance:

"Shock Me" — Baroness
"Slivera" — Gojira
"Rotting in Vain" — Korn
"Dystopia" — Megadeth
"The Price Is Wrong" — Periphery

No Anthrax. Who is Baroness. Gojira also nominated for best rock album alongside Blink 182 and Cage the Elephant.

Arguably the best band on this list, the only one that hasn't put out a bad album

I love Baroness. Great band.

Anthrax missing out this year sucks hard. I would've thought Breathing Lightning was going to be huge chance for FAK.

They take place on February 12th. As they do every year they will not air the metal category during the show and will announce the winner seperately from the rest of the categories. I will not even DVR that shit.

So I ended up watching a lot of it. Megadeth won the metal award which was given before the show started because they won't air the metal category as always. When they were announced the winner the grammy people mistakenly played Metallica, they clearly didn't even know who Megadeth was. Metallica was nominated for a Grammy but lost to David Bowie who apparently is still cranking out hits from the grave. When it was time for Metallica to perform with Gaga they were announced just as Lady Gaga and weren't mentioned by name. James' mic was never turned on by the sound people so Gaga was the only one who could be heard. James threw his guitar in anger after the song which was cool. Dwight Yoakam directly followed Metallica on stage which was funny. Yoakam is actually a blood relative of mine, my Mom's 2nd cousin, true story. Fuck the Grammys once again.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher
Happy Megadeth won. Dystopia is a brilliant album. Deserved winner however like you said ... the Grammy's are so out of touch with most things.