3 Releases for the More Prog Minded

lane_miller

Space Ghost
Aug 31, 2008
Near Raleigh, NC
For those of you who lean more toward the prog end of the spectrum, here are 3 bands to check out:

Mojo Pojo - Mojo Pojo are brilliant musicians from Venezuela that play eclectic energy driven music with some Latin twists. I first discovered Mojo Pojo a couple of years ago when they released their dandy self titled debut. Last year, they released an excellent follow-up EP entitled Stained. Below is the title track off the EP which has outstanding guitar and synth solos.

X-Panda - X-Panda is an artsy band from Estonia. Their debut album Flight of Fancy is a smorgasbord of metal, new age, jazz, and fusion. With only 3 of the 11 tracks featuring vocals, they mostly let their instruments speak for them. As an exception, the last track Revelations (below) not only has vocals but includes a choir.

Xanadu - Originating from Poland, Xanadu clearly has been influenced by Riverside, though a bit more energetic and not quite as melancholy. There is a lot of nice melodic guitar throughout. Here is One Moment from their most recent album The Last Sunrise.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r38gT3xm1u8&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this - it's great to hear about prog bands I haven't heard yet. I have heard the X-Panda album and really enjoyed that one! Very unique I thought, while still being appealing to a prog-metal-head.