4th of July plans!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
So, what is everyone doing for the 4th? For me all the action will be on the 3rd I'm afraid. I signed up for summer custodian work at the school I teach at and will have to work every week day in July from 6am til 2pm (but each day goes towards my retirement:) ) So I will have to be back in action on Friday the 5th. At any rate, on the 3rd I will be in Columbus for Red, White, and Boom (which pales in comparison to Cincy's Labor Day "riverfest" webn fireworks) So that will be the party night. On the 4th I plan on catching MIBII on a matinee and then grilling out and promptly passing out. Getting up at 5 is brutal if you don't get to bed at the right hour. 9 is ideal, 10 is getting late, and I'm lazy, so I should shoot for 8. I can't wait for August! My weekdays are shot in July!!!

Well lets see, work from 7am to 5 pm. I then plan on blwing shit up with some home made chemicals and a few block busters. After that I will go to one of my favorite watering holes suck down a few pints of gods chocoalte milk and watch the local fireworks show. After that perhaps I will go see a few local bands play or just go home & be with my girl. My back up plan, shove a roman candle in my ass and masturbate like a banshee!! LOL J/K.

Congrats, HotRod.

I have nothing planned. Ever since 97, every single 4th of July has been a complete disaster for us. In 97, our truck broke down like 2 hours from home. In 98, my husband had just had his third shoulder surgery and he was in a sling and couldn't move his right arm and he's right-handed so I had to do everything for him, plus work, and rewarded myself with a Valium later that night. In 99, his sister dragged us to the Fabulous Phoenix 4th, which is somewhere downtown, and like 300,000 show up for it, the annoying-ass Dixie Chicks were there and giving me a headache, oh and his sister was pregnant at the time and started throwing a fit because all they had were port-a-potties. I'm not quite sure what she expected. In 2000, we got into a car accident on the way home from watching fireworks in Tempe, which was a waste of time because everyone just parked on a major road rather than pull over and park somewhere, so it was basically like sitting on the freeway for hours. The cops were loving that one. So in 2001, we decided we're not leaving the house or answering our door for any reason, and we actually had a good day. We're doing the same this year except he has to work in the morning, and he's already not thrilled about having to leave the house.

SWEET! I do not have to work on the 5th as previously stated, so on the 4th I will have my annual bbq with a rooftop viewing of my town's jaycees fireworks display. This involves people tripping on acid and hopping in the pool from the rooftop usually. What fun, what fun. And then I have an extended (read: happy hour) weekend.

HotRod- CONGRATULATIONS, dude!

bRaT- Good luck this 4th.

Ty- CONGRATULATIONS, dude! (For not having to work on the 5th.)

On the 4th, I am working from 6:45 am to 3:15 pm because on holidays I make about $37/hour.:)
After work, the first thing I'm gonna do is try my first homebrew.:cool: Then, I don't know what. Maybe I'll have another homebrew, and I may also see MIB2.
:D

You suck thraxdude! My month of July gig pays a measly $11 an hour, because it is a non contracted deal. Basically the custodians want some time off too, so they take it in the summer, and then they post the work for teachers who aren't lazy and are willing to work some in the summer. Hey, in 30 years I'll be retiring one month sooner thanks to this, that's the incentive really. This extra day opens up some time to see MIBII for sure, and probably to take in an extra viewing of Star Wars Episode II.

p.s. The chubby Dixie chick looks like she got her figure back and she looks HOT in the new video

pps. congrats on the wedding hotrod.

Hey Ty, at least you're working your way to a real job.
I work at King Soopers. Know what I'm talking about?

Originally posted by Thra:rofl:ude
Hey Ty, at least you're working your way to a real job.
I work at King Soopers. Know what I'm talking about?

Yeah I'm trying to score a "long term" contract out of the school by continually doing whatever they ask. I'm tired of one year renewable deals. I chaperone for this school, I tutor for this school, I graduated from this school, and now I am spening a summer mowing the lawn, painting the walls, and waxing the floors. "Long term" contract in my business is equivalent to "major label" deal in music. Instead of being in the Overkill or Testament league of teachers, I'd be up there with the almighty Pantera or Tool, going gold and palying arenas.

You will be so proud of yourself when you retire, I think... Don't you think so?

I can't imagine living until the year 2032 to tell you the truth dude! Actually one of the reasons I'm working the month of July, is because these summers off lead to me living life like a Pantera home video, and that just isn't a wise thing to do 3 months a year.