A Little exercise for the weekend..

Awesome idea. However, I think I'll choose the "sleeping" option after the intensity of Friday night. Unless of course the Germans are up for it. No doubt Tobias Sammett will want a look in. :D

Sounds like a good idea! I'd welcome the opportunity for some exercise!

As I'm asthmatic, don't expect me to be a midfield dynamo or anything :) but I'd love a little run out, especially if it means playing against the Germans. :) I'll be wearing a 'special' T-shirt with pride

engd.gif

hehehe, I bought that DVD when I was last home in London. Tobias is always talking footie to the crowd when they tour around Europe, but it probably wouldn't make any sense to our American comrades...still, it would be a laugh to have a 'celebrity versus fan' match, heh.

Originally posted by JayKeeley
hehehe, I bought that DVD when I was last home in London. Tobias is always talking footie to the crowd when they tour around Europe, but it probably wouldn't make any sense to our American comrades...still, it would be a laugh to have a 'celebrity versus fan' match, heh.

Well it works at Wacken! The Maiden boys are always organising games, as is Rod Stewart - mind you can he still manage a game when he has to shag his girlfriend at least twice a day :) . I used to organize indoor 5-a-side games when my old employer organised an annual 'user-group meeting'. It was an excellent ice-breaker between the company and the users and it helped us build up a good thirst.

Other alternatives would be a baseball or even softball games, but as I'm short and my hand/eye coordination is crap, I'd vote to stick with the soccer idea :)

Well I'm sure it's a hopeful thought. I think I'll just hang out at Cheetahs and talk about football (and metal) over a beer instead! :D

Do you mean American Football?? Might I actually have another fan to talk to? Are you planning on making the Cheetah Wed. night trip?? :) Wow, metal, football, great folks, and beer. Sounds fantastic! If I were a guy, I s'pose I'd add in naked chicks, but... ;)

Shaye

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA SEE WHY THE BRAZILIANS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD, AND THE CHAMPIONS!!! WE'RE GONNA BEAT YOU IN SOCCER! GET READY!

Originally posted by lady_space
Do you mean American Football?? Might I actually have another fan to talk to? Are you planning on making the Cheetah Wed. night trip?? :) Wow, metal, football, great folks, and beer. Sounds fantastic! If I were a guy, I s'pose I'd add in naked chicks, but... ;)

Well, if you do all this at the Cheetah, then you'll already have naked chicks there. :D

As for the soccer fans... I would recommend checking out Centennial Olympic Park for a place to have a pick-up game. There are no goals, but you can always bring cones, or hats or something as markers. Also, there's tons of space to play, and it's a short ride on Marta to either of the two nearby stations. Unfortunately, there are no actual soccer or (American) football fields nearby for public use.

--Mike

SOUNDS GOOD GUYS....

LET'S SET IT UP.....

THE PLACE WISHMASTER SUGGESTED LOOKS COOL TO PLAY..

IF YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE THE PLACE WE CAN DO IT LIKE MOST BRAZILIANS DO... WHICH IS FIND A DESERTED STREET AND GRAB A COUPLE SET OF ROCKS AND USE AS POLES...BAREFEET!!

ANYWAYZ WHATEVER YOU GUYS HAVE PLAN I'LL BE THERE!!!

LATER
BRIAN:rolleyes:

Do you mean American Football??

NO! Be careful when you to talk to non-Americans about Football. It is almost sacriligeous to confuse American Football with what the yanks might call 'soccer'. :lol:

Unfortunately I will not be in Atlanta on Wedneday night. A buddy of mine is coming to PP from Thailand so we decided to meet in Vegas on the way down. We'll be down Thursday for the pre-party though! :)

I think we have some serious guys on this board wanting a kick-about on Saturday! I might come and watch - no doubt with a big hangover and sore neck.

NO! Be careful when you to talk to non-Americans about Football. It is almost sacriligeous to confuse American Football with what the yanks might call 'soccer'. :lol:

Unfortunately I will not be in Atlanta on Wedneday night. A buddy of mine is coming to PP from Thailand so we decided to meet in Vegas on the way down. We'll be down Thursday for the pre-party though! :)

I think we have some serious guys on this board wanting a kick-about on Saturday! I might come and watch - no doubt with a big hangover and sore neck.

Shucks! I thought you might mean soccer. ;) I got all excited & stuff. :( Have fun in Vegas, and I definitely won't be joining anyone for any European football... unless y'all let me tackle and there are some big, gorgeous foreign fellas there, long hair's an extra. ;)

Shaye

Originally posted by Wishmaster
Well, if you do all this at the Cheetah, then you'll already have naked chicks there. :D

I know, I just meant I wasn't all giddy about them like I am about the football, metal, beer, and fellow fans. :) Although D's suggested I'd have less drama in my life if I dated women, they just don't really float my boat. ;)

Shaye

I definitely won't be joining anyone for any European football... unless y'all let me tackle and there are some big, gorgeous foreign fellas there, long hair's an extra. ;)

Shaye

I can't vouch for any of that criteria, but I can confirm that there will probably be lots of foreign fans about the place. You can play spot the accent or something. :)