A little help from the experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're really missing the point, nailz. On video games:

One guy loves bloody shoot 'em up games. He buys the latest spongebob game, hates it, goes on the internet and raves about how much it suuuuuuuuucks!!!!

Another guys is given a promo copy of spongebob, and asked to write a review. Spongebob is not really his thing, but because he got free gear he tries to be objective and put himself in a kid's shoes, and in doing so, actually finds himself enjoying the game and writes a nice review as a result.

I'd probably give Katy Perry's latest a failings grade, but since I already know that I'm never gonna listen to it now, unless I'm sado-masochistic...

Yes. I see the point. You're more like the first guy who's getting free stuff you LOOOVE AND RAVE TO THE INTERNET ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU LOOOVE IT but you don't buy it. And even if you WERE like the first guy and HAATTEED IT BECAUSE EW, you'd still write about how you LOOOOVE it because you LOOOVE FREE STUFF.

Also you still haven't told us what you write these reviews for or where we can read them.

Yes. I see the point. You're more like the first guy who's getting free stuff you LOOOVE AND RAVE TO THE INTERNET ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU LOOOVE IT but you don't buy it. And even if you WERE like the first guy and HAATTEED IT BECAUSE EW, you'd still write about how you LOOOOVE it because you LOOOVE FREE STUFF.
Actually, when I really love an album, I buy it even if I originally got it for free. Headspace is a good example - such a good album, I had to buy it.

And you have to realize, what I'm talking about is taking a professional attitude. No, I don't go an LOOOOVE AND RAVE about something I don't actually love. But I give it a chance, and often I find myself enjoying things I might not have otherwise, and I say nice things. Not LOVE AND RAVE. Nice. I only love and rave when I really do love.

Also you still haven't told us what you write these reviews for or where we can read them.
Hah, yeah right! Like I'm going to tell you so you can give my reviews the same kind and constructive criticism you've given me here!

Hah, yeah right! Like I'm going to tell you so you can give my reviews the same kind and constructive criticism you've given me here!

There are no "secrets" on the internet. You weren't hard to find. Now I want to see how you spin a good review of the Katy Perry. You already know you hate it. So are you able to find the "good" in it. If you can play spongebob like a kid, then you can listen to her album like a tween, right?

And seriously, you didn't like PM's Heavenly Ecstasy? All other arguments are already invalid for me, personally, because that was my album of 2011...but that's just differences in taste.

This has been a FASCINATING thread! Very entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.