a question for mikael.

"personally i think arjen is a badass underrated guitarists, he also has probably the strongest musical vision in metal i mean listen to his albums for christssake"

i agree, he is awesome... one of the best

He's a pretty overrated guitarist, but he can get the occasional cool solo on tape! I do love the Human Equation, but it had sooooo many different musicians on it to make it good, the drumming is sweet, the flutes, violins and all that stuff is just awesome. Alone, Arjen uses more vocal harmonies than actual good music, just listen to Dream Sequencer I think.... Roar! *throws piles of rancid mikaelmeat at the audience, demands an uproar, and then promptly soils himself*

if he didn't like it he wouldn't have done it i'm sure, but thats common sense, but i bet there is a very wide range of music he likes and doesn't like.

Oinkness said:
He's a pretty overrated guitarist, but he can get the occasional cool solo on tape! I do love the Human Equation, but it had sooooo many different musicians on it to make it good, the drumming is sweet, the flutes, violins and all that stuff is just awesome. Alone, Arjen uses more vocal harmonies than actual good music, just listen to Dream Sequencer I think.... Roar! *throws piles of rancid mikaelmeat at the audience, demands an uproar, and then promptly soils himself*

all the parts are written by him even if he does not play all the instruments... so what makes him overrated?

I like Arjen a lot both as a person and musician. He's probably one of the most disciplined and professional guys. He writes everything down and when he asked me to do the Ayreon thing I got sent 2 Cd's with a full demo version of the album, one with his guide vocals and one without vocals + I got all the lyrics I think...
I like the record and I think my parts are alright! My fave record is "Into the electric castle" without a doubt.

As for Paatos it's no secret I love those guys! I think they're one of the best bands around today. I do miss Reine's guitar a little though. He doesn't get the space his brilliance require in Dungen at all. Yet, I really dig the latest Paatos and Kallocain is stunning! My fave song is "Tea".

Cheers
Mike

Sounds great btw...
You guys look like you were having a good time at the recording.

I agree on Reine, timeloss has this magic over it... like nothing dungen has ever done.