A reason to watch American Idol this Sunday

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/extra/0404/04_12b.html

Idol Insider: Here Come Da Judge

The remaining "American Idol" contests have reason to tremble, and it’s not Simon. Legendary filmmaker Quentin Tarantino is the show’s next celebrity judge -- and it’s no fiction that he’s looking to pulp a few hopefuls.

Quentin sat down with us for an exclusive preview of his Tuesday night "Idol" shot, and he told us why he’s ready to "out-mean" Mr. Nasty.

"Can you imagine how cool that is?" Quentin enthused." You watch the show every week and now you get to be a judge?"

And Quentin promises to pull no punches when he critiques the final eight contestants, who will perform hit songs from the movies. "It will not be the celebrity walk that they always get," cautions Quentin. "’Yes, it was great...’ 'Yes, you made it your own...' Not me! I've watched every episode of the show. I know all these people."

So how did this love-match come to be? According to Simon, Quentin is, "a huge, huge fan of American Idol."

Simon also told us that Tarantino's the first guest judge with whom he's happy to share the panel. And Quentin returns the affection: "He does, actually," said Simon sincerely. "We just love each other."

And while there was no love lost between Simon and last week's "AI" loser, Camille Velasco, the 18-year-old took his scathing criticism to heart: "You always want to listen to what they say," Camille told us. "After all, they are professionals."

So, who is Quentin's favorite finalist this week? "I can't say that as a judge," Quentin said. "But you know, if my favorite comes on and doesn't bring it, that night, I will tell them. I'm ready to be the judge. I will judge exactly how I feel, that moment, that day!

And you can see which "American Idol" contestants hit the high notes -- and which just take the hits -- Tuesday night on FOX.

I find Quentin to be very nerdy. And I read comic books. Yet the guy sleeps on piles of money with many beautiful women. Wheres the justice?

You obviously haven't seen many movies then, Sydo. :) Jackie Brown is probably Tarantino's worst movie but it's still pretty damn good. Seriously flawed, but it's good stuff anyway when it works.

When I swing through Melbourne on my farewell "Bringer Of Death" tour, I promise to come see you before the SWAT team get me :)