AA versus Croatia:

MidKnight666

Heathen Apotheosis Arise
Jul 19, 2005
the Netherlands
spaces.msn.com
I've just received the story behind AA and the fest in Croatia via e-mail:Spin:

Background:

End of April this year, we were contacted by the organizers of MMS festival in Croatia to play at the MMS festival and possibly do a bonus show in Hungary in connection to this festival. As the organisation seemd serious and proffessional, we accepted the deal they had for us.

It was agreed that the organizer was to book and pay for the plane tickets, for the band plus sound engineer.

As the months went along, no tickets turned up and there was no news on the Hungarian show. Eventually, we realized that there wasn’t going to be a Hungarian show at all, and we were beginning to doubt weather there would be any tickets for us to fly down to Croatia.

What happened:

On Tuesday the 12th we recieved an e-mail from the organizers, containing a flight itenerary for us to concider. This itenerary was for us to fly down to Croatia on the 14th, and fly home on the 18th. We accepted this deal, but didn’t get the confimation for the tickets until late on Thursday the 13th. None the less we decided to fly down, and we arrived in Zadar on the 14th.

The day of the festival we were sitting at the hotel waiting for someone from the festival to contact us and pick us up with our gear but we didn't hear anything at all. Around 4pm Therion came back from the festival site and told us there was no power at the festival and that they were going to cancel (Therion statement on the following link http://main.megatherion.com/kliffoth.html#28).

We still didn't hear anything from the organization of the festival and were getting set to also cancel the show. Indeed, at around 7pm a person involved in the organization (in a way that wasn’t entirely clear to us) told us that the whole festival was definitely cancelled.

Around 8pm an Amon Amarth fan called Gregor, told us the power was back and he offered to drive us to the festival so that we could play, but we still hadn’t heard anything from the promoter, and we had not received our full payment, which was agreed in the contract.

In spite of this, we decided that since we were there to play and we didn't want to disappoint our fans, that we'd go for it.

At the festival site it was full anarchy, the organizer was still nowhere to be seen, and no one seemed to be in charge anywhere. They hadn't even provided a full backline, but thanks to people not involved in the organization we were able to play! (A big thanks to the guy lending us a double feet pedal!)

Still, at the end of the day we did have a great show, and the minute we stepped up on stage we felt it was the right decision for us to play. A big thanks to all you fans for making this show a great one! You made the trip and all the ordeals that came with it worth while. Thank you!

What is the meaning of this thread?....well....
Even if bands with a great heart of honor and will, is in trouble, look what they've done and went trough, for you....THE FANS...just to play and NOT to disappoint the (few) people who still stands waiting for a gig from one of the greatest viking bands on this full-of-terror-which-i-dispite world !!!!

With all the risk in mind, like not receiving any compensation at all from the organisation, due its chaos and anarchy, they PLAYED....

Not many bands would do that Amon Amarth !!!

HAILS to you all guys, and may the old Gods shine brightness on your path !

HAIL !!!

Belgar said:
Thought you said you received an email from Metalblade .... that was b4 you edited yr msg. :D

Correct brother...i received it from MB though.
But im not working for 'em...

The edit gives more details, thats why i edited it :loco:

its at its best in original context ey?.....

stay hard :headbang:

MidKnight666 said:
What is the meaning of this thread?....well....
Even if bands with a great heart of honor and will, is in trouble, look what they've done and went trough, for you....THE FANS...just to play and NOT to disappoint the (few) people who still stands waiting for a gig from one of the greatest viking bands on this full-of-terror-which-i-dispite world !!!!

With all the risk in mind, like not receiving any compensation at all from the organisation, due its chaos and anarchy, they PLAYED....

Not many bands would do that Amon Amarth !!!

HAILS to you all guys, and may the old Gods shine brightness on your path !

HAIL !!!

i concur with every word written here... they truly did the Viking thing to do an i will never forget them for it... respect beyond words... AA forever!

I know a lot of "great" bands wich wouldn't do something like that!!!
Hails to the fucking best band worldwide!!
Hails to Amon Amarth!!!! :headbang:

Disciple of the Watch said:
I was on that show.... AND AMON AMARTH TOTALLY BLEW THE PPLACE UP!!!!! :hotjump:

Fucking awsome show.... All hails and praise to AA for doing that show so that the 8 hour train ride was worth of doing....

FUCKING HAIL AMON AMARTH!!!! :worship: :headbang:

Wich songs did they play?

I don`t exatcly recall the order but here it goes:
1. I seem not to remember this one, but I know that it is off Fate of Norns, possibly The Pursuit of Vikings or Where Death Seems to Dwell (sorry) :Spin:
2. The Fate of Norns
On this song the crowd was heating up and there were cool interaction between Johan and and crowd
3. Masters of War
Crowd just went insane, there were people headbanging all over the place, and jumping and shouting with Johan as their leader!!!! :headbang:
4. Bleed for ancient god's
What I remember of this song is waching the drummer Ted ripping it to pieces.... Man, you rock!!! :headbang:
5. Victorious March
Before the start of this song, Johan shouted: Are you ready to MARCH whit us?!! Get ready for VICTORIOUS MARCH!!!! Do I really need to say what the crowd did? :hotjump:
6. The last with pagan blood
SILENCE BEFORE THE STORM!!!! And the crowd turned into silence (well not compleatly,u always have certain people who just can`t shut up)
7.Death in Fire
Johan: For the last song we have something special...
DEATH IN...
Crowd: FIRE!!!!!
Johan: DEATH IN...
Crowd: FIRE!!!!
Johan and Crowd: DEATH IN FIRE!!!!
Dellirium, chaos, headbanging (both female and male :headbang: ). Great way to end a concert....

HAIL AMON AMARTH!!! :worship:

I'm totally impressed -> :worship:

However, the end of the story is missing. What happened after the gig? Have the orgas gotten their asses kicked? Have AA received their full payment afterwards? Have the fans burned down the merchandise or something? :loco:

Disciple of the Watch said:
I don`t exatcly recall the order but here it goes:
1. I seem not to remember this one, but I know that it is off Fate of Norns, possibly The Pursuit of Vikings or Where Death Seems to Dwell (sorry) :Spin:
2. The Fate of Norns
On this song the crowd was heating up and there were cool interaction between Johan and and crowd
3. Masters of War
Crowd just went insane, there were people headbanging all over the place, and jumping and shouting with Johan as their leader!!!! :headbang:
4. Bleed for ancient god's
What I remember of this song is waching the drummer Ted ripping it to pieces.... Man, you rock!!! :headbang:
5. Victorious March
Before the start of this song, Johan shouted: Are you ready to MARCH whit us?!! Get ready for VICTORIOUS MARCH!!!! Do I really need to say what the crowd did? :hotjump:
6. The last with pagan blood
SILENCE BEFORE THE STORM!!!! And the crowd turned into silence (well not compleatly,u always have certain people who just can`t shut up)
7.Death in Fire
Johan: For the last song we have something special...
DEATH IN...
Crowd: FIRE!!!!!
Johan: DEATH IN...
Crowd: FIRE!!!!
Johan and Crowd: DEATH IN FIRE!!!!
Dellirium, chaos, headbanging (both female and male :headbang: ). Great way to end a concert....

HAIL AMON AMARTH!!! :worship:
I was on the show too, made some corrections, they played:
Pursuit of vikings, The Fate of Norns, Masters Of War, For The Stabwounds In Our Back, Victorius March, The Last With Pagan Blood, Death In Fire.

We ' The Fans' waited for 12 hours for the show to start and another 2 hours for Amon Amarth to start, and it was so worth it. The show was beyond greatness, Amon Amarth are beyond greatness and I can't wait for them to return to Croatia, with different organizers.
They should play in Zagreb where professionals are, although it makes my trip to the show several hours longer at least they will be treated with respect they deserve.

Hail to the greatest band in the world!!!!!! :headbang:
Amon Amarth forever!!!!! :headbang:

European bands don't act like if they have a status already (okay, there are some exceptions), that's why I'm pleased to be an European citizen...

Shame that most US bands are all into that pop-star way of life...
Ex: Megadeth, (I'm a great Megadeth-banger) didn't play at a Fest in Greece, cause Rotting Christ was on the bill, when Dave saw that name on a poster (as a true christian) he gave the organisation the chance to rip RC off and tell them they were not welcome, or Megadeth shouldn't play at the fest...:(

Since Greece has an truly European way of thinking, they told Dave to go f*ck himself, Rotting Christ was one of the most familiar Greek bands, and they were gonna play, with or without Megadeth....

Always that fucking christian thing over there....fucking hypocrits....remember Dave...when you were stuck with needles in your fucking dick and arms, coke up your farting ass and up your nose, that even Alice Cooper warned you cause you were using to fucking much, hurting people with your big mouth and attitude, was your (so called) God also there for you to hide your (true) believes and way of life?

Don't act now if you are a fucking christian now, Dave...Just write songs like Devils Island and Black Friday and shut the fuck up and let Europe rule again the Metal scene, like we did in the late 70's / 80's...!!!

Well, sorry...i was just thinking out loud....;)
Nothing related to this thread, but HEY.....whatever....!!!!

HAIL AA !!!

:)

midknight 666 wrote:

...when you were stuck with needles in your fucking dick and arms, coke up your farting ass and up your nose, that even Alice Cooper warned you cause you were using to fucking much, hurting people with your big mouth and attitude, was your (so called) God also there for you to hide your (true) believes and way of life?
------------------------------------

is your friend Dave a swede that attended the Obscene Extreme Fest?