Above Symmetry Cancel PP USA XIII Appearance

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Above Symmetry notified me yesterday that they are cancelling their appearance with deep regret, blah, blah. I'll defer to the band for the "official" explanation. Honestly, I'm not surprised. Make your own assumptions.

That said, I have already confirmed their replacement. Announcement coming in a few hours once the left coast drags their ass out of bed.

We replace prog with prog....

There always seems to be one. Really like to hear their excuse. Hope it's not one of those typical ambiguous explanations. On the flip, I'm confident the replacement will be excellent. You always come through despite the BS you are handed. Don't know how you do it.

Sorry you have to go through more of the same old shit form bands. I'm sure the replacement will ... make some people happy and some people mad ;)

I'm really not surprised given the limited feedback from them. I'm bummed but excited to find out who the replacement is. I guess it's time to change my signature ;)

That said, I have already confirmed their replacement. Announcement coming in a few hours once the left coast drags their ass out of bed.

We replace prog with prog....

It is almost as though you had this planned from the get go, mwah hah hah hah.

In all seriousness, I liked what I heard from Above Symmetry, had purchased their latest, and thought they were going to be a fun kickoff for Saturday. Prior Saturday openers: Haken, Stormwarrior, Circus Maximus, Saint Daemon, there've been some good ones.

What is it with avant garde/progressive Norwegian bands? Do you think they'll be hibernating in the same cave Arcturus used last year?

I was really looking forward to see them. Their debut cd is really good. Their loss. Here's hoping Vangough. Though I'm sure whoever the replacement is will be a good one.

It's a bummer, but I'd always prefer every band to be actively excited about playing at PPUSA. Thanks, Glenn, for all your hard work! Can't wait to hear the replacement.

Quite frankly, yes, it's about who's there, but no matter who Glenn picks, I'd be there anyway. There are always surprises in the lineup.

So there is another band that fits with Aspera/Above Symmetry that I have been listening to alot.. Anthriel is pretty damn good!!!

Bear

Not a loss in the tragic sense... I have no doubt that the replacement will be an improvement for me at least... just a hunch but Above Symmetry were a lesser light from my perspective... PP Rules!

Hmmm. Just for fun, let me start some unsubstantiated, irresponsible, out-of-my-ass speculation. Perhaps Kamelot has chosen Atle Pettersen as their new vocalist and that is why they have to cancel. He was one of the vocalist that performed with them.

As I said, I have no actual information to base this on, just some fun speculation:D