Accept!

BenJAMin

Nov 17, 2002
Visit site
Here's a new interview with Gaby Hoffmann, wife of guitarist Wolf Hoffmann and the old manager of Accept. She is asked,
What are the chances of seeing Accept in a USA festival, such as the Ozfest?
and responds with
Not on OZ fest, but we are working on some options.....

Could this be ProgPower?

Surely you jest! I personally find alot of the bands that Prog Power gets not to my liking. I've only attended 2 of them due to this fact. However, if Accept plays I will be all about it!

YtseJammer said:
I hope not!

Udo = Overrated

I'm with YtseJammer on this one; I could care less. I'm not concerned though, b/c Glenn always comes through one way or another and I always find that I love at least half if not more of the bands performing.

Just give me Time Machine, Labyrinth, Symphorce, Masterplan, Shaman, and Poverty's No Crime.... As you can tell I like the smaller, obscure bands although Masterplan and Shaman coulkd be argued to be more well known.

Obscurity doesn't really matter to me. Every band at some point was obscure and realistically Accept isn't exactly huge in the US. However, I will say that the main reason I am into seeing Accept is because I am a huge fan of Wolf Hoffmann's guitar work. I feel that Wolf can hold his own with anybody ProgPower may feature and it's always good to shake things up in anything.

accept people would definately stay for accept or UDO. i was disappointed when so many left before rage. this is why evergrey shouldnt be anything but a headliner from now on. or have a giant of a band that people would die to see

ACCEPT/U.D.O. frontman Udo Dirkschneider emailed Accept-Udo.de recently with information on Accept's 2005 lineup. Joining Dirkschneider are guitarist Wolf Hoffmann, guitarist Hermann Frank, bassist Peter Baltes and drummer Francesco Jovino. Upcoming Accept festival appearances are as follows:
May
13-15 – Gelsenkirchen, Germany at Rock Hard Festival

June
4 – Bergum, Netherlands at Waldrock
9 – Sölvesborg, Sweden at Sweden Rock Festival
12 – Bologna, Italy at Gods Of Metal

July
17 – Helsinki, Finland at Tuska Festival

August
4–6 – Wacken, Germany at Wacken Open Air

ACCEPT will also be embarking on a Japanese tour in late July/early August. The unconfirmed dates are as follows:

July
29 - Tokyo at Shibuya AX
30 - Tokyo at Shibuya AX
31 - Osaka at Namba Hatch

August
2 - Nagoya at Diamont Hall

I guess there is still a chance they might be in Progpower....

Creeps said:
People were torn like this for Rage as well, but rage rocked and if Accept came to PP they would too.

I think more people know Accept's music in the US than Rage. I think Wolf would bring in quite a few guitar fans as well. Wolf's name is no stranger in guitarist forums.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I think more people know Accept's music in the US than Rage. I think Wolf would bring in quite a few guitar fans as well. Wolf's name is no stranger in guitarist forums.

Bryant
That's why I never liked MTV and mainstream radio. Always played the same sh*t over and over... nothing's changed.

Maybe if we get everyone here to chip in we can start our own PP Sirius station. \m/ I'm sure we'll have enough DJs and material.

That's why I never liked MTV and mainstream radio. Always played the same sh*t over and over... nothing's changed.

Maybe if we get everyone here to chip in we can start our own PP Sirius station. \m/ I'm sure we'll have enough DJs and material.
Well, more stations playing ProgPower music is always a good thing, but in the meantime you can hear all PP bands on BeyondEarCandy.com. As of 11:00 today, here was the last 15 bands in the playlist:

Into Eternity
Circle II Circle
Orphaned Land
Vanden Plas
Wuthering Heights
Gary Huges
Silent Force
Star One
Edenbridge
Nightwish
Brainstorm
Fates Warning
Chris Caffery
Symphony X
Shamen

New stuff is added every week. Though we don't have Accept yet, I'm sure we will. Please make suggestions in the forum or e-mail us direct at admin@beyondearcandy.com. We're ALWAYS looking for new bands and cd's!

The station is on 24-hours a day and you can hear greeting from band members like Chris Caffery, Tuomas Holopainen, Urban Breed, Timo Kotipelto, Henrik Danhage, Kral from Mercenary and many more. Themed shows, live segements and request radio coming soon! Tune in and enjoy!:headbang:

(BTW, BeyondEarCandy.com radio is a promotional station focused on promoting great bands and their music. Definitely not-for-profit! ;))

OMG! I already hold a gold badge, but having ACCEPT there would just be absolutely incredible! If it weren't for ACCEPT, one could argue that half of the bands that came out of Germany would not have came into existence. Don't underestimate the ACCEPT influence in metal - it's stronger than you may think.

Glenn, if you pull this off, I will be forever indebted to you!