Acid Rain - Progressive Metal

Kazi

Photographer
As I came to find out after searching for this band's myspace there are a ton of bands that managed to incorporate "Acid Rain" into their band/song/album names (might have something to do with the Angra song by the same name). Anyways this Acid Rain is from Serbia and has a free EP available for download on their myspace. There's something about the vocals, specifically in "Worlds Apart," that really clicks with me. They're a progressive band that list Kamelot, Symphony X, Evergrey, Dream Theater and Fates Warning as their influences. Give them a listen and tell me what you think :) Edit: I also have no idea whether they're still active or not, looks like their myspace page was last updated 2008.

Ok, since the download link on their myspace is down, I followed a few links and ended up on ilike which has the links for the three songs off of their EP. http://www.ilike.com/artist/Acid+Rain+project

And after following even more links I ended up at their facebook page which has a grand total of 3 fans(4 after I joined). From the one forum post it looks like they're still around, just not actively playing/writing anything. Hopefully they'll start-up again.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Acid-Rain-Project/129742145155

Sounds pretty cool. However, I tried to download their free EP, only to get some stupid page saying something about an "expired link".

Lame, I downloaded it a while ago and decided to post about it when it came up on shuffle. I can upload their EP somewhere if that's within the forum rules. I'm not sure if it is, but they did have it freely available.

Lame, I downloaded it a while ago and decided to post about it when it came up on shuffle. I can upload their EP somewhere if that's within the forum rules. I'm not sure if it is, but they did have it freely available.

That would be cool if you are allowed. That "Worlds Apart" song is kick ass. However, I noticed their MySpace page is also like two years out of date. I wonder what became of these guys? They had some real promise there for a short while.