Adagio - Archangels in Black

There is no US release date at the moment. Trying to source Listenable from Europe at a reasonable price is not easy. I'm working on it.

Koch (now called E-1) is the US distro for Listenable. I spoke with my rep and he checked it out - there is nothing on the upcoming release schedule. Doesn't mean it won't come out here - just not right away.

I'm working on it...

So pardon my ignorance.....but is the US market just so small that it can be "ignored"? Or are the costs of shipping discs and distributing them througout our very long coast-to-coast distances too great? What's the deal? Why are we the red-haired, buck-toothed stepchildren at the family reunion?

....and thanks again for trying!

Chris

Chris:

For a lot of European labels the US market is impenetrable. Its practically impenetrable for US labels! Unless the band is going to tour and the label is willing to pour a lot of money into promotion they won't see much in the way of sales. US distributors are less likely to pick up labels unless they are willing to pour a lot of money into promotion - so its the cat chasing its tail. In the case of Adagio there is a story to tell so I would be surprised if the album isn't ultimately put into distribution here. Why the delay? I honestly don't know but it seems as though Listenable puts a distance between the European and US release dates. I did receive Koch's March release book and Adagio is not in it. Perhaps it will come out here in April. If I can get it sooner I will.

I've sent a message off to Listenable. I'm sure I'll have answer momentarily.

French metallers ADAGIO have issued the following update in regards to the release of their new album, Archangels In Black, due out via Listenable Records:

"Due to the pressing plant's late delivery of the Archangels In Black CD's, the release date had to be pushed forward to one week later in Europe: Monday Feb 9th. In UK, release date should be around February 23rd.

The first 3,000 albums will come out as a beautiful special limited edition digipack, featuring the wonderful artwork of Alexandra Bach/Ravendusk Design (KAMELOT, etc.)."

Thanks- I just ordered it and the new Forgotten Suns. Now I need to re-read the Kalisia(sp ??) thread since I see it's arrived as well.

Chris
np: 'Neath- The Spiders Sleep

Kalisia is right up your alley. Sci-fi technical death metal meets epic metal. Sort of like Ayreon crossed with Cynic. Lots of guests and amazing package.