Airline fare... follow up

PowerFreak

Jizz Master Zero
Aug 1, 2002
Glendale, Arizona
www.soundsofmetal.com
Checked out PriceLine.com tonight... Phoenix to Hotlanta

Leaving Wednesday the 14th, coming back Sunday the 18th, $340 on Delta. There is one cheaper, but it came in too late for me. Non-stop too.

Mine's now booked.

See ya all in Hotlanta.

Zilla

(cross posted on PM)

I can beat that - I got a nonstop flight from Milwaukee to Atlanta for the obnoxiously low price of $187. Of course, the requirements were that I fly on a Tuesday or Wednesday...so that just means I get a few extra days of vacation! I'll be heading down the Tuesday before PP and coming back the Tuesday afterwards. :headbang:

Check out Expedia. I got my tickets there. That's where I found the cheapest deal. Delta air non stop from NYC to Atlanta for those same dates cost me $194, with taxes and fees $226.

Airtran Orlando to Atlanta $136...there in an hour....beats driving for six hours each way. Besides, I don't think you can drive it for less.

Round trip from San Jose to Atlanta, FREE. Gotta love having a work Amex card that I get to keep the rewards points on! :)

*edit - well technically not "free", still had to pay all taxes and security fees and stuff, about $68

longshot9 said:
Round trip from San Jose to Atlanta, FREE. Gotta love having a work Amex card that I get to keep the rewards points on! :)

*edit - well technically not "free", still had to pay all taxes and security fees and stuff, about $68

Dang, when I saw you posted in this thread I was hoping you would've found an awesome airfare deal that I could use, too.

Prices seem to be going down bit by bit every week. I think the lowest I've found so far is around $275, and if I find anything for $250 or lower I'm just going to get it over with and grab it.

I got ya all beat... I'm a Flight Attendant and I'm flying for about $20 from Detroit!

I do have to fly standby though... and Ivan almost fucked me up last year with all the flight cancelations.

Last year I had a flight from San Diego to Atlanta for under 200 bucks. This year I think I'm about 250. You never know when the deals will pop up so you pretty much have to look every day and jump on something when it appears. And remember, the lowest prices are always available the day after you've booked yours :(

AIR FARE 181.38 TAX 54.42 AIR TOTAL USD 235.80

There's what I paid this time. Pretty sweet deal actually, although last year I got it for under 200 I believe. Its just too bad I'll arrive at 4:30 pm so I'll have to run to get to the first act eheh.

"Hi, Bill!"
"Hi, Leonard!--" "!!!!!"

:D

It also helps to book a bit in advance....you have to get very lucky (or be flying a relatively unpopular route) to get a great deal less than 7-10 days before your departure date. My roommate just found this out when trying to book tickets to see Iron Maiden's only US headlining show this year (in Denver).