Al DiMeola Atlanta Date

James

Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta
www.torquestra.com
Tickets go on sale Friday morning (September 16th) at 10 am for the Al DiMeola show at the Variety Playhouse. The date of the show is Friday October 21st, for anyone that's interested...

Oh. Yay! ^_^

I was just actually playing around with "Mediterranean Sundance." :lol:

Might be something to go to, and an excuse to buy a bunch more of his newer albums. :p

I used to live in Mpls. He's been at the fine Line a number of times. The kind of venue where you'll never hear about it unless you call them and ask...

Metal fans not familiar with Di Meola - check out his older live album, early 80's??
'Race With The Devil On Spanish Highway'.... and other killer stuff.

Yeah, maybe for the more metal fans I'd recommend things like that. He was a famous jazz fusion guy. Basically it means pick any of your favorite metal guitarists, and he can outshred and outthink them. :p His electric stuff is pretty nice, but personally I really hate the guitar tone. I'm about to buy his 'The Grande Passion: World Sinfonia' album, and it sounds absolutely phenominal. More guitar music with some orchestra, that actually UTILIZES the orchestra.

and next day after al di meola, the black dahlia murder and Cephalic Carnage...for anyone interested. also Atlanta

Check out Cielo Y Terra for some really creative acoustic stuff.

I'm going to have to try to make it, haven't seen Di Meola in years...