"Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom Shreds"

mthwkln

Sue sighed by my side
Nov 30, 2009
I was browsing around the Finnish iTunes Music Store and found what I'm assuming is some kind of demo. Apparently it is from 1997 and only has guitar and some keyboards (I'm guessing Alexi made this himself on a 4 track). Instrumental parts of downfall and Follow The Reaper are played in the sample. I'd buy it, but iTunes won't let me and I can't find it anywhere else. Anyone have any more info about this?

Found a website with the sample: http://download.mtv3.fi/album/Child...eSingle/093BF189-DA1B-4F93-A95C-FE188A03DA4C/

This was recorded for some Japanese mobile phone company (?) a couple of years ago. Either way, it was available on some Japanese websites with some very short tracks (non COB material) Alexi and Janne did that were intended to be used as ring tones, and there were ads about the whole deal in magazines like Burnn and Young Guitar Mag. One of them was called "Waltz of Lake Bodom" or something like that. Maybe someone remembers the news item from Scythes about this, with the picture of Alexi holding a mobile phone. Sleeper can probably post it in the next 5 mins :)

This was recorded for some Japanese mobile phone company (?) a couple of years ago. Either way, it was available on some Japanese websites with some very short tracks (non COB material) Alexi and Janne did that were intended to be used as ring tones, and there were ads about the whole deal in magazines like Burnn and Young Guitar Mag. One of them was called "Waltz of Lake Bodom" or something like that. Maybe someone remembers the news item from Scythes about this, with the picture of Alexi holding a mobile phone. Sleeper can probably post it in the next 5 mins :)

I do remember the Alexi phone ad thing, just haven't heard the song. I will check out now

No problem :saint:

Aphonecopy.jpg