Alice in Chains Rip-off.

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
Just finished this track today...

Whenever i've posted my music on forums I've always gotten "vocals sound like Alice in Chains"... I've had this SO many times I finally decided to check out their stuff. Turns out 'Dirt' is fucking awesome and currently my favourite album.

I wrote the 2nd verse vocals to this track over another song originally. In fact a metal track i'd written but it didn't really go all that well. But I liked the vocals so much that I decided to keep them and write new music underneath. There are many influences in this one, from AIC, Soundgarden, Black Sabbath, Nirvana etc.

I'm proud of the drums and programming. I think they're the most natural sounding drums I've ever programmed/mixed.

I've Thrown it Away Downloadable version.

I've Thrown it Away On Soundclick.

Would love to hear your thoughts on it...

Cheers,

- Rick.

Dude SICK !!! You sound very similar to Layne Staley. You should have auditioned for them.

Cool song also, it got the AIC vibe for sure.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

I originally started writing the vocals over another track but it didn't go that well. I liked the harmonies in the vocals so I wrote the track around them... An interesting way to write but very annoying, lol.

Some details.. The vocal mic is an AT4041 straght into my E-mu sound cards mic pre. Guitars/Bass are podxt. Drums are BFD with the Joe Baresi samples.

Dude, I'm kinda blown away. The mix, the song, playing and singing are all great but I'm amazed that you, who sound SO like Lane have never gotten into Chains before. AIC is kinda my time (showing my age) and I know singers that Idolize Lane to the point of absurdness that come nowhere near how close you sound. Put your song with your singing in an eleventy-million dollar an hour studio and I bet it would be hard to tell the difference between you two. VERY GOOD STUFF MAN! By the way, Dirt is clearly one of Chains' best but you should seriously check out the album titled "Alice in Chains" (The one with Tri-pod the dog on the cover) as it's one of their finest as well. You did a great job here.

Very nice, great work!

You should also check out the album called"Diva" by "My Sister's Machine". It's very similar to AIC but heavier.

**EDIT - Just listened to some of your other stuff, nice job on those too.

**EDIT-EDIT - Nice BLS'ing also on Ain't No Good. Dig the Zakkiness.

Creepy, in a good way........takes me back. I don't think you could fake the tone, yeah the phrasing is Layne. Wanna hear more.

ANy chance you can share your baressi preset if you mixed the drums within bfd? (or explain how you got that sound) Also any chance of sharing the pod presets?

Sweet sweet mix and voice!

Holy shit, please tell me you will do a whole album of this stuff!

~006

ANy chance you can share your baressi preset if you mixed the drums within bfd? (or explain how you got that sound) Also any chance of sharing the pod presets?

Sweet sweet mix and voice!

I'm not sure what drums I used on bfd. When I get a chance I'll open the project and take a look. I'll also post the pod preset when I can.

Holy shit, please tell me you will do a whole album of this stuff!

~006

I doubt it. This was just something to do for a bit of fun.

Fuck, thats ACE!!!
These are the Baressi-Drums? Guess I should check them out - I need practically this exact drumsound for an idea.