ALL THAT REMAINS covers Nevermore’s “Believe In Nothing.”

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 20, 2008

Press Release

download
ALL THAT REMAINS unveils Chiron music video premiere, tracklisting for 'OVERCOME'
Massachusetts’ ALL THAT REMAINS has unveiled the band’s new video for the track “Chiron,” from the forthcoming album ‘Overcome’ exclusively online as Buzznet.com’s video of the day (http://allthatremains.buzznet.com/user/video/3456391/all-remains-chiron/). The clip was shot earlier this summer while the band was in Los Angeles with director Brian Thompson (As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage) and a behind the scenes clip is also available here ().

Meanwhile, ALL THAT REMAINS has also unveiled the track listing for ‘Overcome,’ which marks the first time the band has covered a song, Nevermore’s “Believe In Nothing.” “We decided to do a cover on this disc and we didn't want to do what every other band is doing these days and take a pop or rock song from the 80s,” frontman Phil Labonte says. “We figured a song by a band with real metal cred would do best for us. This song never got the attention it deserved. It's an amazingly well written song and even though it's not the most complex song Nevermore has done it is, in my opinion, one of their best. We ran the idea by Nevermore and they gave us their blessing so we were very happy to have the original artists behind it. I couldn't be happier with the way it came out!”

download
ALL THAT REMAINS - Overcome
1) Before The Damned​
2) Two Weeks​
3) Undone​
4) Forever In Your Hands​
5) Chiron​
6) Days Without​
7) A Song For The Hopeless​
8) Do Not Obey​
9) Relinquish​
10) Overcome​
11) Believe In Nothing​

‘Overcome’ will see a Sept. 16 release through Prosthetic Records, while ALL THAT REMAINS just finished their run on Vans Warped Tour last weekend in Los Angeles. The band is now at home and gearing up for a co-headlining tour with Trivium, which will also feature 36 Crazy Fists and The Human Abstract, after which ALL THAT REMAINS will be direct support in major markets to In Flames, which will also see the band playing with Gojira and 36 Crazy Fists.

[FONT='Tahoma', 'sans-serif']ALL THAT REMAINS[/FONT]
9/06 Virginia Beach, VA – Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater (WFNOR/FM99 Lunatic Luau)

(with Trivium, 36 Crazy Fists, The Human Abstract)
9/09 Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Revolution
9/10 St. Petersburg, FL – Jannus Landing
9/11 Myrtle Beach, SC – House of Blues
9/12 Asheville, NC – Orange Peel
9/15 Memphis, TN – New Daisy Theater
9/17 Corpus Christi, TX – Concrete Street
9/18 Odessa, TX – Dos Amigos
9/19 Lubbock, TX – Tequilla Jungle
9/20 Farmington, NM – Big City Night Club
9/21 Tucson, AZ – Rialto Theater
9/23 Bakersfield, CA – The Dome
9/25 Reno, NV – New Oasis
9/27 Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
9/28 Missoula, MT – Wilma Theater
9/30 Fargo, ND – The Venue
10/01 Sioux Falls, SD – Sioux Falls Expo Building
10/03 Oklahoma City, OK – Diamond Ballroom
10/04 Omaha, NE – Sokol Auditorium
10/05 Columbia, MO – Blue Note
10/06 Cedar Rapids, IA – Hawkeye Downs
10/07 Green Bay, WI – Riverview Ballroom
10/09 Columbus, OH – Newport Music Hall
10/10 Ft. Wayne, IN – Pierre’s
10/11 Grand Rapids, MI – Orbit Room
10/12 London, ONT – Cowboys
10/14 Louisville, KY – Headliner’s
10/17 New Haven, CT – Toad’s Place
10/18 Richmond, VA – The National
10/19 Charlotte, NC – Amos Southend

(In Flames, All That Remains, Gojira, 36 Crazy Fists)
11/06 Montreal, QC – Metropolis
11/07 Toronto, ON – Sound Academy
11/08 Detroit, MI – Emerald Theater
11/10 Chicago, IL – House Of Blues
11/12 Minneapolis, MN – Myth
11/14 Calgary, AB – MacEwan Hall
11/15 Edmonton, AB – Events Center
11/17 Vancouver, BC – Commodore
11/18 Seattle, WA – Showbox Sodo
11/19 Portland, OR – Roseland
11/21 San Francisco, CA – Warfield
11/22 Los Angeles, CA – The Nokia Club
11/23 Las Vegas, NV – House Of Blues
11/24 Phoenix, AZ – Marquee Theatre
11/25 Albuquerque, NM – Midnight Rodeo
11/26 Denver, CO – Fillmore
11/28 Dallas, TX – Palladium
11/29 Austin, TX – La Zona Rosa
11/30 Houston, TX – House Of Blues
12/02 Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live
12/03 Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle
12/04 Norfolk, VA – The Norva
12/05 Baltimore, MD – Rams Head Live
12/06 Worcester, MA – Palladium
12/07 New York, NY – Terminal 5
12/09 St.Louis, MO – Pageant
12/10 Milwaukee, WI – The Rave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, pretty cool. Not the biggest ATR fan ever, but Phil Labonte is actually a really great singer. I'm interested in hearing this for sure.

All That Remains catches a lot of shit from people that they don't deserve... I think they're a pretty good band, I don't listen to them much but I like the few songs I have. This would be the first board I've ever seen them not have their assholes bashed in by an internet toughguy as soon as someone mentions them.

They also shot this video the George Lucas way.

I once saw All That Remains supporting Dragonforce :)lol: Yeah I know). Man that was gay.

I don't see how Believe in Nothing is a crappy song. It has a great chorus and a really nice solo...who gives a shit if it's not a million miles an hour.

I never understood how people shit on that song and that album.

I disagree. I think it's a great song and one of my favorites.

Sometimes less is more...as far as the lyrics go, I can think of a bajillion other bands with dumber lyrics than BIN.

Definitely. I don't even think BIN should even be labeled as one of their weaker songs. It's very good and flows with the album nicely.

There are some songs on Politics of Ecstasy that put me to sleep. I could listen to DHIADW all day and I can only take POE once a year or so.

You guys are missing the real story here. Phil Labonte is really going to try to sing this song. This is going to be pretty weird, methinks. I wonder if he's going to sing it all melodically or throw some screams in there.