American metal bands saving metal....

DEEK

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
ok, most of us would agree that current european metal is saving metal. but there are some American metal bands that are 'saving' the scene:

-Iced Earth
-Agalloch
-Shadows Fall
-some older thrash bands that are now regrouped/still around (Exodus, Testament, Slayer, etc.)
-some of the NOLA scene bands (Eyehategod, Down, COC, Soilent Green, etc.)

are there any others??

Mainstream metal in the US is a bit repetitive. Look away from numetal and their are thousands of bands playing amazing 'true' stuff.

But the same could be said for the Euro scene, flooded with generic melodic death metal and power metal bands. While the innovators are good, the style is a trend and is being overdone. Just like numetal.

Both US and Euro have their Pro's and Con's.

true metal in south florida? many of you would say, how so or there hasn't been true metal since savatage or malevolent creation from the florida scene. well here is the answer....south florida's own metal gods PREMONITION. they have performed all over at the metal nation festival in north carolina. milwaukee metalfest XVI and so many more check out the site below to see the new saviors for us metal PREMONITION!!!!!

http://www.premonition11.com

MY ADDITIONS:
DOWN(AS STATED),
SOIL(GREAT BAND),
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY(1919 IS THE SHIT...)
DISTURBED(NO JOKE).
THE QUESTION HERE IS. IS DISTURBED REALLY METAL?
WELL, THEY ARE HEAVY, THEY ARE THE CLOSEST THING TO METAL TO COME OUT SINCE THE DEMISE OF ALICE IN CHAINS(THAT IS AS FAR AS THE "LIGHTER" STUFF GOES). THE THING THAT'S WEIRD IS LISTENING TO A WHOLE DISC WITH NO SOLOS. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!
LET THE BASHING BEGIN...

Iced earth
Novembers Doom
Blood Legacy
Stygian twilight
Shadows Fall
Slayer
Type O Negative

Theres still many worthy american acts ;)

yes, there are many other acts, but none of them are too recent, like within the last 4 years or so. T.O.N. has been around for 10 years, Slayer since the 80's, Iced Earth since early 1990's, and so on. (yes, i know i've listed Iced Earth)

and i dind't know November's Doom was an American band!

Testament
Judas Iscariot
Summon
Black Witchery
Demonsword
Sumeria
Stormbringer
Agalloch
Epoch of Unlight
Nachtmystium
Abolisher
Thornspawn
Averse Sefira
so many mor great US bands...

Originally posted by Metalchemist
I can't believe you've all left out Steel Prophet and Seven Witches!

or Morbid Angel, it's almost an overused reference in our areas eheheh ......

Dio is a Brit ain't he!
Manowar, american?

New Eden
Zero Hour
Antithesis
Cea Serin
Persephone's Dream

Other than that and some of those previously mentioned, German metal is kicking our ass.